Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe creative cloud not finding updates

Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2013 Sep 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

I've got a problem at the moment, for some reason, Adobe Creative Cloud isn't alerting me with any new updates. At the moment my creative cloud reads that I have updated all my app's and that they are all up to date, yet I know today Photoshop 14.1 with Generator was released, yet I can't seem to download it.

On my Desktop however, I was prompted to download a lot of updates, downloaded them all, but to my surprise, photoshop wasn't an app included with an update, or at least it's still 14.0.

Is there any way I can fix this? I've been searching and searching and unable to find an answer.

Thank's for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 11, 2013 Sep 11, 2013

Please Update CC App from following link:

http://www.adobe.com/appsmanager/index.html

Once done check for updates, If this still does not solve the problem, I will contact persons individually to resolve this.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 207 Replies 207
Sep 09, 2013 Sep 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may take a few hours for it to copy all around the world.

If it doesn't update by this time tomorrow, then there might be a problem.

(and for me, the Creative Cloud app crashed 😞  )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Chris, I'll check tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually quit the CC app (under CC preferences) and restart it. Then it catches the update.

Installing 14.1 did reset my prefs, so I had to go into Preferences and re-apply my old settings.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Chris mentioned it takes time for Update to get reflected on your CC app.

Resolution is to Quit and Relaunch your app as Gene suggested, this would list all the recent live updates.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve relaunched the CC app to no avail, the update doesn’t appear for me (in the UK) I’ll try again tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Chunk Group,

Ideally quitting and launching CC app should have worked.

Please check updates through Photoshop->Help->Updates.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Day 2: Nothing yet.

I've tried relaunching CC as I would have thought that would be the first thing to try. I guess it's still not available here (Australia).

Photoshop > Help > Updates is gray/unclickable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Help / Updates will be gray for a few moments when you first start up Photoshop, but under normal conditions should eventually be become enabled, even if there are no updates available. I have imagined that PS is checking with Adobe servers or at least the local licensing services to make sure it is properly activated before it allows updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish this were true, but I've been checking the Update button constantly since the update came out, and it's still grey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I'm not seeing the updates at home, either.

We have someone looking into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2013 Sep 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same. It's two days now, and rebooting CC or the Mac didn't do anything. CC is up to date. If I check Photoshop > help > updates it says I'm all OK all up to date.

Thanks for investigating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither relaunching the CC app nor rebooting has fixed the issue. I have just tried Photoshop->Help->Updates and am still told that there are no updates available.

My colleague has successfully updated his version to 14.1 and he sits right next to me, so it can’t be a regional thing. He is on a separate Adobe user account from me.

no updates.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My laptop updated successfully too.

On the mac that didn't upgrade, I still have CS6 installed... if that's any helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same trouble, I'm in the UK.

My Mac at home which is on the same account has got the update, but my work mac mini doesn't catch the update:

- greyed out 'updates' on the help menu

- restarting CC app manager does not show any new updates

Cheers,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2013 Sep 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Louislouis210S,

Could you please confirm if you are in an enterprise enviornment and could you please check with your Admin if he has  disabled/supressed updates from Adobe and hosting in on a local server.

Thanks,

Vikas Talwar  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in an enterprise environment, they haven't disabled updates and hosting on our local server. It might be helpful to say what file you were referring to that was blockign the update?

Cheers,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Louislouis210S

I have sent you a private message for this.  Please check.

Thanks

Vikas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked! Thank you Vikas -

Cheers,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2013 Oct 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It issent working for me either, can you send me the name of the file aswell?

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

Please confirm if you are in Enterpirse envirionment or not?

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I'm not, I'm working on my personal macbook.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

Please Update CC App from following link:

http://www.adobe.com/appsmanager/index.html

Once done check for updates, If this still does not solve the problem, I will contact  you for connect session..

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2013 Oct 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't help but what are these files people are talking about? I would like to try that first.

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 24, 2015 Aug 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which file are you referring to? I am facing the same problem with my CC apps (the *Updates* command is greyed out under the *Help* menu).

-RK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines