• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Processor Load with Latest Version of Add-In 11.2.385.0

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2013 Sep 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing a high processor load (up to 40% with Windows 7, core i7) with the latest version of the add-in. The fan always noisy. Was different before. But with the upgrade to 9.1 I have to use the latest version 11.2.385.0. The version before 11.2.251.0 was much better (at least concerning processor load) I am experiencing this problem at two other computers I use. A colleague has the same issue.

Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Sep 19, 2013 Sep 19, 2013

To the contrary Tusharsappal,

There is considerable chatter about this Adobe Connect CPU/Ram leakage problem introduced by the update in the last 10 days on the Internet

There is as well another thread regarding the problem on this forum.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5695510#5695510

We know of 2 tickets opened with your tech support on in this issue from our company alone. Can we please get more focused help on this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2013 Sep 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to recall a similar issue with Add-In 10.x. After doing some testing we concluded that Screenshare and Share Pods with PDFs in them caused a steady increase in processor load.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2013 Sep 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Could you explain your exact use case of the meeting when you observed high CPU; what activity were you doing in the meeting (i.e. sharing screenshare, camera or subscribing to someone else's camera or screenshare, or sharing PPT etc.)?

Also, could you mention the complete Processor name mentioned in the 'System' properties e.g. Intel (R) Xeon (R) CPU E3-1240 V2 @ 3.40 GHZ. The version that you mentioned i.e. Intel i7 core comes with different variants. Also what is the RAM size? Exact hardware configuration will help us compare the performance of two addin versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you very much for offering your support:

Information about my system:

system.JPG

Processor load without anything active (no webcam, no microphone, no screensharing etc...):

system2.JPG

Processor load with screen sharing:

system3.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

I ran the tests for both the Addin Versions you listed above and I didn't see any wide difference in the CPU usage .

Moreover in the images you shared above it is depicting  that the CPU usage before Screen Share is 25 and after the Screen Share has started the CPU usage grows to 30 , I believe this is pretty much normal increase in the case when you share the Screen using addin . Actually an increase in 5 to 10 percent is normal when screen share starts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for your reply! I could see the difference in CPU usage between the two versions of the Addin at all my computers. My colleague the same... Right now I cannot try out the old Addin as my instance of Adobe Connect has already been updated to 9.1.

The increase during screen sharing is ok. But I think that, the basic load is much higher than before.

What have other users experienced?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2013 Sep 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

No other users have reported the increased % in CPU Usage , after installing the new Addin version. We will be running some more runs of tests on the new Addin and will keep you updated regarding this matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To the contrary Tusharsappal,

There is considerable chatter about this Adobe Connect CPU/Ram leakage problem introduced by the update in the last 10 days on the Internet

There is as well another thread regarding the problem on this forum.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5695510#5695510

We know of 2 tickets opened with your tech support on in this issue from our company alone. Can we please get more focused help on this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We have experienced the increase in CPU usage on each of our application servers in our clustered environment.  It has jumped minimal 20% overall since the new add-in was installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also in addition to the info asked by tushar it would be good if you could provide the info on the CPU usage of the adobeconnectaddin.exe with/without screen sharing.Also what all other applications running on the machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines