• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not able to push multicast stream from another network

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2013 Jan 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Flash media server located at another place  . I am pushing stream from my Flash media live endcoder to multicast application over internet which works fine but after that multicast application cant publish stream and shows error .

Registered multicast context: teststream-1
Multicast NetConnection Status: NetConnection.Connect.Failed, multicast context: teststream-1
MULTICAST PUBLISH ERROR: Failed to establish server-side NetConnection for use by multicast NetStream. Status code: NetConnection.Connect.Failed, description: , multicast context: teststream-1

If I do the same thing from a computer in the same network it works fine . I can view multicast stream as well in player .

Is there any settings that I need to change in order to make this work over internet ? I will really appreciate any help .    

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

Hi,

You need to check that the correct ports are open. The rootinstall/logs/edge.xx.log file shows on which ports the server is listening. Open UDP 1935 and 19350-65535. If the server is located behind a NAT, specify its public (outside NAT) address in the rootinstall/conf/_defaultRoot_/Adaptor.xml file in the Adaptor/RTMFP/Core/HostPortList element.

For more details, go through the following link:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flashmediaserver/configadmin/WSdb9a8c2ed4c02d261d76cb3412a40a490be-8000.html#WS829c643386b9152167c57eb5131f88a5f28-7fff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You need to check that the correct ports are open. The rootinstall/logs/edge.xx.log file shows on which ports the server is listening. Open UDP 1935 and 19350-65535. If the server is located behind a NAT, specify its public (outside NAT) address in the rootinstall/conf/_defaultRoot_/Adaptor.xml file in the Adaptor/RTMFP/Core/HostPortList element.

For more details, go through the following link:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flashmediaserver/configadmin/WSdb9a8c2ed4c02d261d76cb3412a40a490be-8000....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have UDP 1935 and 19350-65535 open . Also in adaptor.xml I have correct IP address . Still I am gtting the same error .

Checking if there is any other way I can know why connections are failing or connection to which port are failing .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which multicast type are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using IP Multicast

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help . After few efforts I figured out that it was network issue and we fixed it .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2013 Sep 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you please share what the network issue was and how one could resolve it. We are also facing the same issue where a stream published on public IP is not being (IP) multicasted.

We tried changing the Adaptor.xml, but it didn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines