• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe FMS 4.5 HDS high size Cache folder

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2013 Sep 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have experimented a issue in Http HDS live streaming.I know that when you broadcast a live streaming, is normal to generate cache file at address /streams/_definst_/ in “livestream” folders. I configured the event.xml file like this:

<Event>

<EventID>kamiya</EventID>

<Recording>

<FragmentDuration>4000</FragmentDuration>

<SegmentDuration>400000</SegmentDuration>

<DiskManagementDuration>3</DiskManagementDuration>

</Recording>

</Event>

In normal, this cache “livestream” folder for simple http streaming in first two days was with only 450 Mbps and showing after one hour are replacing and remaining during all day in 450 mbs of usage. After one week in one example account running without none interruption in all that days and today I checked that this same folder is with 15 Gbs.

The same test I done in Adaptative Streaming in other account with three bitrate taxes (150, 350, 720 kbps) that will generate in this case three folders of cache. In first two days, all that three folders used only 1.2 Gbs of disk. After one week broadcasting direct without interruption, the three folders are with 150 Gbs used. In last time after two weeks was with so so 450 Gbs used.

I checked the Adobe instructions to configure the Apache cache at address http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/programs/htcacheclean.html and http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/programs/htcacheclean.html. Well. After done it the cache root after three days was enorm wi so so 150 Gbs of usage.

I was checking in livestream folder, and there are generating many files by day. Fragment cache files from today, yesterday, the day before yesterday.... Group files for each day. Then cause this is using many disk space in server.

Anyone can help me to solve this issue, becouse it is using many disk in our server.

I hope for any help

Thanks

Pedro

Message was edited by: asaweb2013

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you sending the right string trhough the RTMP  URI?

"adbe-live-event=kamiya"

if you are using the default "adbe-live-event=liveevent" then this is the source of that issue.  Especially if there is no Event.xml containing <EventID>liveevent</EventID>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In STREAM Field from Encoder is informed like:

livestream?adbe-live-event=kamiya

For all acocunts I configure since, but this livestream folder is been enorm. And as said before, I use in event.xml the   <EventID>kamiya</EventID>

I hope taht you can help me

Thanks

Pedro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need the Ampersand!

"livestream?&adbe-live-event=kamiya"   = Append mode..

"livestream?&adbe-live-event=kamiya&adbe-record-mode=record" = Erase and Start Over Mode

asaweb2013 wrote:

In STREAM Field from Encoder is informed like:

livestream?adbe-live-event=kamiya

For all acocunts I configure since, but this livestream folder is been enorm. And as said before, I use in event.xml the   <EventID>kamiya</EventID>

I hope taht you can help me

Thanks

Pedro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2013 Sep 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Let´s me understand better. You said that needs to have the simbol "&" in sintax correct? The to solve and not been creating cache fragment files each day as are been created now, I need to inform in STREAM field as livestream?&adbe-live-event=kamiya&adbe-record-mode=record to overwrite files correct?

Then, in this case when finish  today 09/18 for example, tomorrow 09/19 not will create new fragment files for new day, but will overwrite the existent cache files with the newest correct?

Becouse today I have many group of fragment files for each day. As in some points have 7 days running the streaming, we have that files dated for each day during 7 days. Bellow follow the folder in server showing for example group of files for days 09/18 and 09/17. Cause this issue the livestream folder  are been enorm in it´s size.

chache_files.jpg

I wait your help and reply confirming the correct action to solve this issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines