• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I put text on top of a graphic in Framemaker 11?

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2013 Sep 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Framemaker 11. When I import an image from Photoshop (EPS file) and put a text box on top, I can't get the text to be on top of the graphic without jumping to the next page. Is there a setting that I'm missing in Framemaker? The image is just borders, like a frame, and I'm trying to put the text inside the blank space.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you supply a screenshot of what you're trying to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2013 Sep 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possibly you must set the Runaround properties to Don't Run Around. Then the text will stick where it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is

This is the image I'm trying to create. I did set the text box properrties to "Don't runaround." That was an excellent idea, but it did not work.TestCoverStonesAdventBlue.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could always use the Textline tool and apply the appropriate character format.

Textline_tool.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you use the text frame tool (to the left of Arnis' supplied screenshot) and set the background of the text frame (the diagonal b/w lines below the text frame tool) to None.

When all else fails, add the text to the graphic, save as PDF or other appropriate format, and place as needed.

-Matt

Matt R. Sullivan
co-author Publishing Fundamentals: Unstructured FrameMaker 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not clear what the page looks like when it's jumbled.

Also, in your next screen shot, please turn on View > Text Symbols, and View > Borders, to make troubleshooting a bit less speculative.

It's possible that there are other currently-invisible items on the page with runaround properties that are affecting the text.

HTH

Regards,

Peter

Peter Gold

KnowHow ProServices

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I figured it out! Thanks to everyone for all the helpful suggestions.

The issue was that the image itself had runaround properties. I had been resetting the runaround properties of the text only, and not the image. I didn't realize you had to do both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines