• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to configure FMS to work with RTMPT behind a load balancer?

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2010 Dec 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have a pool of FMS 3.5 servers behind a haproxy load balancer. They are working fine with RTMP and download with HTTP through FMS proxy. We need now to have RTMPT working for some clients behind a strict firewall.

1) We started configuring the haproxy load balancer to work in HTTP (level 7) mode and we changed the FMS Adaptor.xml configuration file on all servers with the tag below:

<HTTPIdent2 enabled="true">External IP of the Load Balancer</HTTPIdent2>

The Flash player was working in RTMPT under Windows, but we got error messages under Linux or Mac: "502 Bad Gateway" or "Server not found"...

2) We cleared that <HTTPIdent2> setting, as we saw from the documentation that it was optional (http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashMediaServer/3.5_AdminGuide/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d119f2926583-7ff...), with the same result:
RTMPT working under Windows, failure on Mac or Linux.

3) The we set the indiviual external IP address of each FMS server in the <HTTPIdent2> tag. Now, we have RTMPT working an all platforms, but we don't benefit from load balancing. Here is what we see with a network monitor:

- Initial request GET /fcs/indent2 to load balancer, and one FMS server from the pool respond with its own externer IP address.
- Next request to that FMS server IP address for POST /open/1
- Then all requests for content are sent directly to the FMS server, bypassing the load balancer: POST /send/mYemaD8ix7G2MFOr/NNN

4) We've changed the load balancer to use TCP (level 4) proxying, and these 3 described behavior are still the same regarding RTMPT. In fact, we found a bug because the load balancer was dispatching the RTMPT requests in round robin on all the servers of the pool, opening a session on all servers!

It's working for all platforms, but I don't consider that configuration to be correct and it seems to me to be a hack.

What is the proper way to configure FMS behind a load balancer?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2010 Dec 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

No one using FMS behind a load balancer? No one using RTMPT?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2013 Sep 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you able to find a soluton to this probelm?

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2013 Sep 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've the same problem, no one find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2013 Sep 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have my implementation working. What issue do you have cineca2?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines