• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FireFox 23 & Flash Not Functioning

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2013 Sep 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently, FireFox started telling me that I needed to install the flash plugin - not sure why, as I had it installed earlier on...

I try to use FF to install but am told I need to it manually... so I do and it appears to install properly, as I see the completed page load properly...

But then when accessing a flash page, I get the notice again that I need to install...

Please advise...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 16, 2013 Sep 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe the plugin is disabled?  (Shockwave Flash)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2013 Sep 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, it's not... in fact, looking at it closer - it seems that it's not being updated for some reason... it's still at 11.6.5.635 and was last updated 4/26/12...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 17, 2013 Sep 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install the latest version manually from

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2013 Sep 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried that, unfortunately, while it appears to work as the installer completes successfully and Firefox opens to a page that says it's installed properly - the flash animation doesn't play (it is visible but that's all) as it does when IE opens...

And when I check my flash version, all I see is a grey box... also, it doesn't appear in my add-ons... I think that I mistook Shockwave Director for Flash...

Any more ideas?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 19, 2013 Sep 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you mention IE I can assume that you are on Windows.  What files do you have in C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2013 Sep 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what is there - I should mention that I followed directions to uninstall manually which included previously deleting the contents of this directory, among others...

Snap1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 20, 2013 Sep 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange; all that is required is there.  And you say Shockwave Flash does not appear in the list of Firefox plugins?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2013 Sep 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is correct - I wonder if my company is blocking it for some reason... not sure why this would be the case because it functions in IE...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines