• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What version of MS Word is compatible with RH 9?

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2013 Sep 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded from MS 2003 to MS 2013 (along with moving to Win 7) and found RH9 does not play well, so considering installing MS 2010 instead. Seems there have been issues with MS 2010 also.  So, what works with RH9?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 20, 2013 Sep 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 does not support WinHelp out of the box regardless of which Word version you have. You'll need to download the Microsoft patch from the link below:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=91

If you still have issues with RH for Word your options include starting to use the RH HTML application that comes with RH. It is much better suited to today's world. Perhaps if you tell us what you mean when you say "does not play well" and we will be able to advise further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 20, 2013 Sep 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Colum, while I'm not 100% sure on this, I'm not thinking that's exactly true. Here's why.

When Microsoft introduced the Windows Vista version of its operating system, they announced deprecation of WinHelp. Along those lines it was a bit fuzzy. Keep in mind that there are two flavors of WinHelp. 16 bit and 32 bit. So beginning with Vista, (and I'm assuming the same applies to Windows 7 here) 16 bit versions of WinHelp worked just fine and a WinHelp viewer was natively included. But the 32 bit version of the WinHelp viewer was missing. Upon the first attempt to open a 32 bit WinHelp file, the user was prompted to download and install the 32 bit version of the WinHelp viewer. I'm assuming this is a way for Microsoft to gauge how many folks are still using WinHelp. Albeit the 32 bit version.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp