• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I install Flash Builder 4.6 in my Creative Cloud subscription?

Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2012 Jul 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an active CC subscription, but Flash Builder 4.6 does not show up as an available upgrade in Adobe Application Manager.  I see it on the Adobe web site, but when I try to install it does not accept my CC serial number.

Thanks

TOPICS
Installation and activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jul 19, 2012 Jul 19, 2012

Can you confirm if you have a previous version of flash builder( version 4.5) on your machine.

If that is the case , please uninstall the flash builder 4.5 from your machine and run the 4.6 installer and provide your serial key.

You can download Flash Builder 4.6 from here:

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=flash_builder

If you still get the same error.

Kindly use the Creative Suites Cleaner tool

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2012 Jul 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll need to contact Adobe.  These are user to user forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2012 Jul 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this thread to the Flash Builder forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you confirm if you have a previous version of flash builder( version 4.5) on your machine.

If that is the case , please uninstall the flash builder 4.5 from your machine and run the 4.6 installer and provide your serial key.

Let us know if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you still get the same error.

Kindly use the Creative Suites Cleaner tool

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

to delete entires only for Flash builder [this would take care of any license issues]  and try reinstalling Flash builder 4.6

if you have Creative suites already installed Flash builder would pick your serial number automatically

so the basic steps would be

-Uninstall Flash builder

-use cleaner tool delete content specifically for flash builder only.

-restart Machine

-delete any left over folders from Flash builder installation.

-reinstall Flash builder 4.6

Message was edited by: Mallika Yelandur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2012 Aug 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Flash Builder as part of the CS5 Web Premium creative suite on my computer.  My gut feeling has me afraid to delete my present installation of FB in the hope that FB CS6 will install correctly afterwards.  The adobe application manager tells me that I have already installed it.  Truthfully, I have tried, but it didn't install successfully.  Is there a known problem installing flash builder 4.5 or 4.6 from the creative cloud that I should be aware of?  And if so, is there a known work around?  I don't know that I can Install just FB without re-installing the whole suite if there is a problem, and since I'm now working with CS6, I'd like to avoid doing that. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2012 Aug 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how it would work in a Creative Suite (My problem was with Creative Cloud) -- but I'd guess it'd be fine.

What I ended up doing to eventually fix the problem was to uninstall FB 4.5 (leaving the rest of the Creative Cloud apps alone). I then re-ran the FB 4.6 installer and it showed up in both hte Adobe Application Manager and on My system (Applications folder).  Then, I think (not sure because it was a couple weeks ago) my Creative Cloud apps came ups as saying they were unregistered and I was using them as trials -- but then I jsut re-entered my CC serial number (and maybe clicked 'register") and everything was fine.

If you have the Web Premium Discs and your CS serial number I'd imagine there wouldn't be any harm in deleting FB CS5.5 -- you should always be able to re-install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 10, 2012 Aug 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Donny,

You do not have to uninstall CS5 completly.

you can use the Creative Suites uninstaller to just uninstall Flash builder from your CS 5,

use the cleanner tool to remove entires for Flash Buidler

ensure you have Administrator priviledges and write permissions on the locations

Windows:

/Program Files/Common Files/Adobe/Adobe PCD

/Program Files/Common Files/Adobe/caps

/Program Files/Common Files/Adobe/backup

Mac OS:

[startup drive]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe PCD

[startup drive]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/caps

[startup drive]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/backup

now download the Standalone version of Flash Builder 4.6 from

and

install the same

Additional Informaiton :

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-licensing-product-expired-cs4.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2012 Aug 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After trying this several times, I still don"t have Flah Builder 4.6 from my creative cloud subscrption.  When going to use the cleaning tool it doesn't offer individual products to clean, but rather entire groups.   For example it offers the entire creative cloud sub. or CS5.5-CS6 etc.  I even went as far as to delete my version of FB CS5 before deleting FB4.6 from my list of programs in the control panel.  When I search it on the computer, it continues to take me to Flash Pro CS6.  I'm at a loss and not very happy.  I'm also having lesser problems with Acrobat X Pro although FB 4.6 is what I really need.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thaks for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2013 Jan 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar problem in that CC app mgr downloaded FB 4.7 but didn't activate it.  So it is there but doesn't work.

I uninstalled FB from Windows, but when trying to use the cleaner tool there are no FB related options available.  It lists photoshop, illustrator, etc. but not FlashBuilder.

It is not helpful at all to tell us to use this tool to clean only FB when it does not have that as an option.

I spent 2.5 hours in various help line queues only to be told the level 1 support center has no training on FB.   Not even to clear up installation issues.  When I pressed them to find a way to install the software I paid for, they gave me a fake email address  of "entersupp@adobe.com".

Not a happy customer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2013 Jan 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update - What I thought was an activation problem because the design tab didn't show up, was actually because Adobe removed the design tab feature in Flash Builder 4.7. 

So, now I want to install FB 4.6 under Creative Cloud because it still has the design tab.  I have the 4.6 installation file, but it wants a serial number to register it.

Several of the previous comments about installing FB refer to the CC serial number.  I have searched all over the Creative Cloud registration emails I received from Adobe, and the My Adobe section, and the forums trying to find where this CC serial number can be found.  So far nothing.

Any help trying get FB 4.6 installed under CC would be much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2013 Sep 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shane,

I am having the exact same problem. Any luck in getting it solved?

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2013 Sep 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nope.  The problem appears to be connected with adobe's internal database of what I have downloaded and registered previously including in this case 4.6 as a trial that I allowed to expire before signing up to CC.

I completely removed every stich of Adobe software from my XP machine.  Including digging thru the registry.  When I began to re-install 4.6 it started to look like it would work, then it reached out to Adobe for the license check and it imediately closed it down.

A friend of mine working for years with Adobe suggested loading it on a different machine since each machine has a unique serial number that Adobe tracks by.  Haven't tried that yet, but it sounds like it might be the ticket.   As I understand it, I would have to deactivate my CC license (menu option under Help) on my main pc, then try to load it on a different pc.

I still can't believe Adobe took out the design tab.

If that works for you, post about it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines