• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player Upgrade required message on Facebook

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2012 Feb 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to watch downloaded video of my granddaughter on Facebook and when I click on it, I am getting the Adobe Flash Player Upgrade message.  When I click on it, It says I already have the upgraded version.  I have checked the security settings but that didn't help.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Installing Flash Player forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your operating system, version & edition?

What is your web browser, version & edition?

What is your current Flash Player version?  (See http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 23, 2012 Feb 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I have the similar problem. Just like Bras said: "When I click on it, It says I already have the upgraded version."

I can watch youtube videos but can't listen to or watch anything on myspace. And also if I used Facebook I bet I would have the same problem... "Please upgrade Flash"

I have:

Fedora 16 x64 with Xfce

Firefox version: 10.0

Flash version: 11,1,102,62

By the way I found a workaround. It's called Google Chrome. Personally I don't like Google Chrome, so I'm still dealing with this. Maybe because I don't like to have two installed browsers but mostly because it seems such a stupid issue - It wants to upgrade but it's already upgraded...strange

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2012 Feb 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having a similar problem.  It started several months ago when I could not view any of mine or other friends Facebook videos.  It required that I download the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.  I tried clicking on the FB link and and does not work, so I went into the Adobe site to download.  After download, things started getting crazy.  Several websites, which shows flash images, could not be displayed.  Even some of the drop down menus on several sites could not be displayed.  I ended up

I thought it was my computer, but when I use the Google Chrome brower, all works well. 

I'm thinking the problem has something to do with Windows 7/Internet Exploer.  I have spent countless hours and even paid $60.00 to HP support to try to get this fixed, but as of right now, I am still having an issue.

I have a HP Pavillion

I run Windows 7 Home Premium

I know about the IE-32bit versus IE-64bit.  I have opened up both versions separately and tried downloaded Flash player for 32bit and Flas player for 64bit, separately.  It still does not work. 

I really don't know if there is a solution.  Can you offer any suggestions????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ALee365-yours is a different problem

When posting, please provide:

• Operating system version (including 32bit or 64bit edition) 
  • Web browser and version (including 32bit or 64bit edition) 
  • The Flash Player version 
  • Give us a brief explanation of the problem, please include any information you feel is important 
  • Please do not use existing topics to append questions that are entirely different from the original topic. When in doubt create a new topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just want to update my situation. I re-installed Google Chrome and that

seems to have solved my problem with the Flash Player on Facebook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 08, 2014 Feb 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found that the message disappears after you enable the add-on in the Internet Explorer Add-on manager.

I saw the same message and this did not change after many updates.

It is not the software that does this, but AVG Internet Security manages this side of the Internet and will shut this off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why the hell is this happening... I thought I was the only one. Still no hints from Adobe people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carl E. Myers Jr.

My apologies if I did not post in the correct area of these forums.  I did a search and this is where the search took me.  Hopefully, this forum can assist with my issued.  i have had this issue for over several months and it is still not resolved.

Windows 7 Home Premium

Browser:  Internet Explorer 64bit AND Internet Explorer 32 bit

Adobe Flash Player 11.1.102.62

Problem:  Started with Facebook videos.  I cannot play any of the videos that I or others posted.  Initially, I did the as the recommendation requested; to upgrade flash player.  But once I upgraded to Adobe Flash Player 11.1.102.62, it would still not play the videos.  I can hear sound somethimes, but all I get is either a black screen or "flashing" where the video is suppose to be displayed.

At the same time, I noticed that certain websites that use flash player would not work.  For example, Youtube has certain “advertisements” that require flash player.  The advertisement would not display.  However, I am able to play YouTube videos.

Also, as another example, I was looking a website for a restaurant and it had dropdown menus in the site.  IE would not display the drop down menus;  instead, there were "white spaces" where the drop down menus are located.  (FYI, the website is:  http://fujis.us/)

I have tried using both IE64bit and IE32 bit.  I understand that the latest version of Adobe Flash Player for IE (11.1.102.62) works for both the 32/64 bits.  It still does not fix the problem.

Initially, I have "fixed" the problem by restoring my computer to an older date to get back a later version of Adobe Flash Player.  It still would not play the Facebook videos because it says I needed to upgrade the flash player, but the new issues started coming up with not displaying contents on certain websites started, so the reason for my post.

The interesting thing is that when I switch browsers and use Google Chrome, all my problems, everything works fine.

Please let me know if any solution.

ALee365

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not have the same problem as this discussion, you should start your own discussion.  Looks like Fuji's needs to update their site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 02, 2012 Mar 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue here.

Ubuntu 11.10 64bit 

Chromium 17.0.963.56

Basically Facebook flash apps do not run and keep asking for a flash verson of 10 or newer, but it's running flash 11!!!

Help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2013 Apr 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will most likely need to reset Internet Explorer as your default browser. Go to the Internet Options in Control Panel - Programs tab - Set Programs - Set your default programs - Highlight Internet Explorer in the list of your programs - set as your default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2013 Sep 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disable ActiveX Filtering (uncheck it). Took me a week of troubleshooting before that finally worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 14, 2013 Nov 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys have had this fault a few times,its in manage add-on check that shockwave object is enabled, internet options, programs, manage add- ons,cant remember if you need to restart ,hope it works for you,sido

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2013 Dec 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

I have the same problem

"The latest version of Flash Player is required to view videos." i did reinstaled the flash player but the sam message

i have: Windows 8 PRO 64 bit

Firefox 26.0 as i know also 64 bit

FlashPlayer 11.9.900.170 32 bit

can anyone help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 11, 2013 Dec 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2014 Jun 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem with 1 of 4 user accounts on my computer. The problem turned out to be that the Adobe Shockwave add-in was disabled in IE on the affected account. Enabling it solved the problem. I must say, tho', that, "Flash Player Upgrade Required" was not a very helpful error message, especially as Flash Player was installed, current, and otherwise working. I'm sure Adobe could—and certainly should—do better. This was a hug annoyance until corrected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2015 Jan 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

READ THIS!!!!!

If you have a mac, & you are using safari, & you KNOW you updated your flash player. Go to your:

Safari Preferences - Security - then turn on "internet plug-ins"

If that doesn't work, thats all I can give you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2015 Dec 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue now.  Nothing seems to work.  Did you get your issues fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 31, 2015 Dec 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a 3 year old thread, you might want to look at the newer threads there are tons of answers as of what to do

Have a great day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2016 Sep 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for a helpful tips and guide its really great......thanks anyway gud day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I recently had this problem.

I went to Chrome Setting, click Advanced, click Content settings, click Flash, then disable Ask first.

When I did that, the problem goes away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines