• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Nik Software in Photoshop CC.

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I install Nik software into Photoshop CC when the host box remains empty. You have the option of a custom host but what do I choose? Would really appreciate some help. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 27, 2014 May 27, 2014

I thought I would provide an update on this issue.  I contacted the Google Nik support group today and they were super helpful.  First they sent me the link to download the latest version of Nik Collection which was released two weeks ago.  I was having problems downloading the latest drivers to my AMD Radeon HD 7900 series card and the support guys found the the driver update and sent me a link.  After updating the drivers I still experienced the crashing issue.  Then he walked me through to co

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Run the nik installation programme, it will not detect Photoshop CC so you have to add it to the progs nik software will install in. Press the +button and add the path to the plug in folder in the Photoshop programme directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already tried Dave Rosser's suggestion, it does not work. The Nik files do get loaded into the plug-ins directory but CC does not recognize them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thought I would share this from another forum (worked for me):

spedruco  says:

Thought I'd pass on, but I got NIK to work on Photoshop CC by copying the folder Google from the Photoshop CS6 plugin folder and pasting it into the Photoshop CC plugin folder on a Windows machine at least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copied the Google folder (containing the NIK plugins) from the PS CS6 plugin folder to the PS CC plugin folder. PS CC recognizes all (Windows 7 64 bit).

Graham

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Windows 8 64 bit. I also tried copying the folder from CS6 (where they work fine with Win 8) to CC but the filters do not show up in the PS CC filters list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the record, I am running Win8 64-bit as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it!!! I did not realize that it was necessary to copy the Google plug-ing files from both the 32 bit and the 64 bit version of CS6 to both the 32 and 64 bit version of CC. I had been trying to get the plug ins to work but had just been copy the file from 64 bit version to 64 bit version. Works great now!!! I am a happy camper. Thanks to all who responded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2013 Sep 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have both 32 and 64 bit of either one on my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2013 Sep 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here, I only had 64bit CS5 on my machine.   So far no NIK stuff showing

in filters........  ;-(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2013 Sep 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did just what you said but the Nik filters are not showing up in Photoshop CC. When I go to Program Files>Adobe>Photoshop CC>Plugins>Google, everything is there, just not showing up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2013 Jul 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just checked it on Mac OS X (10.8.4). Works without any problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2013 Oct 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use an up-to-date iMac and I had similar problems.  However, I found the trick that appears to work.  Google's instructions are incomplete - at least for Macs.  You need to direct the installation to go one extra step: Photoshop CC>Plugins>Nik Software.  I had prior installed Nik Software for one of the pre-Google applications and had thereby automatically created the Nik Software folder in Plugins.  I found you may need to manually create such a folder prior to installation and then be sure to direct the installation to go all the way to that folder within Plugins - and not just to Plugins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Tom... just tried that with my WIN 7 install and there are

still no filters installed........     I had high hopes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted Nik support and they sent me a link to download the Nik collection and this time it worked. I don't understand it, because the file I downloaded had the same name as the one I had been using to

install Nik. I now have my Topaz and Nik filters. Wahoo.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.

Pat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2020 Feb 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This tip REALLY helped, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2013 Nov 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a related issue...

I have been successfully using Nik software from within PS CC for several months.  However about a month ago, the Nik stuff disappeared from my Filter menu.  After much frustration and a Nik reinstall, it came back.  I have been using it fine for the past month.  I have just gone into PS now and it has disappeared again.  Does anyone else have this issue?  I shouldn't have to keep reinstalling my Nik software every few weeks because PS keeps forgetting about it!!! Help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2013 Dec 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine did not work until I moved the google directory under panels, see below:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC (64 Bit)\Plug-ins\Panels\Google

Then everything shows up. 

Hope this works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2014 May 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased Photoshop CC 64 bit and installed it per described above into the plug-ins folder.  When I launched PS CC, the application opened up and then a message came up saying "there is a problem with PS CC" and tried to search for a solution.  After a few seconds PS CC shuts down.  Happens every time.  I then went into the plug-in folder and deleted the Google Nik folder.  Then I can open up PS CC with no problem. I tried to install the Nik collection into the "Panels"  folder and the same thing happened.  Also tried to copy the Google folder from my old CS5.1 into the PS CC Plug-ins/Panels folders and the same thing happened.

If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 25, 2014 May 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact Nik/Google for updates to their plugins that fix the bugs in their plugin code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2014 May 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I would provide an update on this issue.  I contacted the Google Nik support group today and they were super helpful.  First they sent me the link to download the latest version of Nik Collection which was released two weeks ago.  I was having problems downloading the latest drivers to my AMD Radeon HD 7900 series card and the support guys found the the driver update and sent me a link.  After updating the drivers I still experienced the crashing issue.  Then he walked me through to completely remove all traces of the Nik Collection from the Adobe folder and the C drive.  The we did a fresh install of the Nik Collection and everything is working perfectly both on my Photoshop CS5.1 and Photoshop CC.

Huge kudos to the support group at Google Nik.  They were friendly and very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2015 Feb 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I said Thankyou so much Mr. Barry, your answer is great. now i can using nik on Adobe CC 2014.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2015 Feb 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is the great answer from Mr. Barry , i said thankyou so much for him

Mine did not work until I moved the google directory under panels, see below:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC (64 Bit)\Plug-ins\Panels\Google

Then everything shows up. 

Hope this works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2015 Feb 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know if anybody still having this problem. I've just tried to install the Nik Collection on a Mac. This first time I tried it the installer didn't recognise Photoshop CC as a target and wouldn't allow me to manually add it. However, following advice from another post, I downloaded the suite again and this this time it worked - don't ask me why!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 20, 2015 Feb 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sir i have an issue to use nik software i already install it complete pack but when we filter this MY PS WILL BE HELD. I want to help for it i have 32bit PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines