• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

dx tool failed:

Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2012 Mar 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm really frustrated by this error. I was using flash builder 4.5 with no issues; I was able to get my first flash project on my android device. I updated my flash builder to 4.6 - and as a part of this process was told to uninstall the previous (Flash Builder 4.5) version. I installed, imported my old project - made a few reference changes and was able to get the desktop simulator to work with Flash Builder 4.6.

Now, I want my new project to run on my android and test with a gps sensor. I export release build - go through the steps I went through before and instead of it working; I get an error that my dx tool failed. No mention of what failed within the dx tool, just that it failed and I can't be helped. I rebooted my computer, same issue. I created a new project with nothing but just the stock project - still nothing worked. I uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled, created a new project and I'm still not working. How can I fix this and get back up and running?

I attached a screenshot of my error.dxtool.JPG

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 02, 2012 Mar 02, 2012

This was resolved after a ton of work and looking into the root of the issue. Basically, I had a corrupted install of JRE that was related to an attempt to install Tomcat. If anyone else has this issue, try uninstalling JRE and reinstalling a clean copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, this seems to be an issue with the signing process. I have created several new provisioning certificates and still no luck. I can export with the sign later option, and no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New information. The log is spitting out this error:

!ENTRY com.adobe.flexbuilder.project 4 43 2012-03-01 18:56:44.039

!MESSAGE dx tool failed:

!STACK 0

java.lang.Exception

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.internal.FlexProjectCore.createErrorStatus(FlexProjectCore.java:1019)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.util.logging.GlobalLogImpl.log(GlobalLogImpl.java:66)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.util.logging.GlobalLog.log(GlobalLog.java:52)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.multisdk.apollo.export.AIRAPKPackager.create(AIRAPKPackager.java:190)

at com.adobe.flexide.multiplatform.android.exportrelease.AndroidExportReleaseHandler.doPackage(AndroidExportReleaseHandler.java:234)

at com.adobe.flashbuilder.project.multiplatform.ui.exportrelease.MultiPlatformExportReleaseVersionManager.doExport(MultiPlatformExportReleaseVersionManager.java:198)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.exportimport.releaseversion.ui.ExportReleaseVersionWizard$1.run(ExportReleaseVersionWizard.java:208)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2012 Mar 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was resolved after a ton of work and looking into the root of the issue. Basically, I had a corrupted install of JRE that was related to an attempt to install Tomcat. If anyone else has this issue, try uninstalling JRE and reinstalling a clean copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2012 May 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

install latest jre from oracle

Go to Program Files Adobe Flash Builder into jre/bin

run javacpl.exe(administor)

open java tab and select wiew

next windows uncheck 1.6

check 1.7

reopen flash builder

and rleas build app

ı try this and finaly no problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2013 Sep 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx a lot . You saved my time. it worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2013 Sep 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have do all the check fellow your guide !

But why whe same error still occured .

I have upgraded the newest version for JRE  and re-open flash builder again !

below is my snap of JRE

QQ截图20130923220221.gif

would you like help me more about this issue ?

other word , I really need your help for this problem !

thanks a lot !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2013 Sep 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

restarting flex would help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2013 Sep 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

actual, I done all the steps , then re-start flash builder, still appeard that error .......

can anybody have idea about that situation ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2013 Sep 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your post hav helped me a lot. I have saved  a hell lot of time. thx a lot and keep posting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines