• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Packaging error using Xcode 5 simulators

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2013 Sep 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm attempting to test mobile Air apps against iOS 7 via the Xcode 5 simulators, through Flash Builder 7.  My apps (Flex 4.6+/Air 3.5+) open just fine in the simulators packaged with Xcode 4. However, once I install Xcode 5 GM, I get the following error:

"Error occurred while packaging the application:

SDK is missing GPL component /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator6.1.sdk/../../../../../usr/llvm-gcc-4.2/lib/gcc/"

This error is occurring for for any targeted simulator (6.0/6.1/7.0/etc) and any Air version.

If I go back to Xcode 4, I don't have any problems up through v6.1 of the simulators.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Parks

MacBook Pro -- OS X 10.8.4

Flash Builder 7

Flex 4.6+

Air 3.5+

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Sep 26, 2013 Sep 26, 2013

Have you guys tried the 3.9 beta from the labs. Works fine for me, no problems launching debug configurations in the simulator.

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/air.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2013 Sep 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue here.

"SDK is missing GPL component /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator7.0.sdk/../../../../../usr/llvm-gcc-4.2/lib/gcc/"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2013 Sep 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, you are not alone:

MacBook Air -- OS X 10.8.5

Flash Builder 4.7

Flex 4.6+

Air 3.8

XCode 5 GM

Am reinstalling XCode 4 to try and get back to being able to build for the iOS simulator. Presumably will be addressed by update once iOS7/XCode5 go public release?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2013 Sep 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hoping that today (ios7 release day) this would be resolved, but it's not.  I downloaded xCode 5 GM and get the same errors.  Now I have to uninstall and downgrade.  I'm not hopeful for a quick update from Adobe either. 

MacBook Retina OS 10.8.5

FB 4.7

Air 3.8

To anyone that downgraded. Can I just delete my xCode app and reinstall from a 4.6.3 dmg?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2013 Sep 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

add me to list, same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 for me too.

It seems like the SDK directory structure has changed with xcode 5. I symlinked to the location that AIR was looking for but then it failed at linking against a 64bit lib.

Hopefully AIR 3.9 fixes this....and fast...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone that needs it, I renamed my xcode.app file to xcode5.app and then installed 4.6.3 from the DMG on developer.apple.com.  Everything is back to normal for writing against ios 6.1 sdk.  If anyone at Adobe even monitors the FB discussions anymore (doubtful), some kind of status on being able to write against ios7 would be great.  Not holding my breath.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2013 Sep 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its hard to believe that there is no response from Adobe. Is this not a supported product anymore? Xcode5 and iOS 7 was announced a while ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2013 Sep 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure, but I think the error is due Apple removed the LLVM-GCC compiler in XCode5. So It's don't gonna work until Adobe start to use the new compiler.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously this did not happen overnight. iOS 7 sdk was released over 3 months ago for the expressed purposes of updating anything that requires it. I think adobes commitment to the flash platform and us as developers correlates directly to how long we have to wait for a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree.

I hope QT guys release the stable version of their mobile framework soon. I am really fed up with this nonsense.

OR...Adobe needs to open source AIR so we can make the necessary changes ourselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 26, 2013 Sep 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you guys tried the 3.9 beta from the labs. Works fine for me, no problems launching debug configurations in the simulator.

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/air.html

air native extensions // https://airnativeextensions.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2013 Sep 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am afraid to pull the trigger on the Xcode 5 download pending in my que.  Do you mind stating which FB version, flex version, Air Version if overlayed, you found success publishing for ios 7 with xcode 5?

thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had success with...

FB 4.7 (build 349722)

Apache Flex 4.10 overlayed with

Adobe Air 3.9 Beta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using FB 4.7 (349722), Xcode 5 and the AIR 3.9 Beta with no problems so far. The only error I've had is with using an ANE in debug in the AIR simulator. But doesn't affect device builds so not sure about that one at the moment.     

air native extensions // https://airnativeextensions.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2013 Sep 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I downloaded 3.9 today.  I can compile and debug in the simulator, which is great. However, when compiling for device via usb I get this:

Error occurred while packaging the application:

ld: library not found for -lgcc_s.1

Compilation failed while executing : ld64

Anyone else getting this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone seen any instability with the beta that we shouldn't use it in production?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AIR SDK 3.9 beta solved the problem for me too.

I'm using FB 4.7 Build 349722 with overlayed AIR SDK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines