• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Solution for Retina Display issues with Acrobat 11.0.04

Sep 17, 2013 Sep 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There seems to be a problem some users experience upgrading to Acrobat 11.0.04 on Mac Book Pro's that support Retina Display.

In certain cases, Acrobat still runs in low definition and the setting "Open in Low Resolution" is checked and grayed-out (can't be changed).

One cause we've identified is a preference file that is not updated in certain cases and prevents the system from letting Acrobat running in Retina Display mode.

To fix it you can try this:

1. Uninstall Acrobat 11
  2. Remove Library/Preferences/com.adobe.PDFAdminSettings.plist
  3. Install Acrobat 11 again
  4. Use Help/update to upgrade to 11.0.4

One of the knwon workflows is upgrading from a previous version of Acrobat that had been installed before a system upgrade, or from an old version of Acrobat such as 9 that is not supported on Mac OS 10.8.

Please share your experience here and let us know if doesn't solve your issue. We'll contact you case by case if needed, to make sure you can have Acrobat run in high definition.

Thanks,

Luc

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 23, 2013 Sep 23, 2013

Good to hear, enjoy our HIDPI features in Acrobat 11.0.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2013 Sep 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked perfectly, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2013 Sep 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did not work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry to read that.

Can you share a bit about your configuration?

Version of Mac OS, what version(s) of Acrobat installed before? How did the upgrade to 11.0.4 go?

Thanks!

Luc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is Mountain Lion 10.8.5, I have Acrobat X installed as well. The 11.0.4 update went smoothly; however, the “Open in Low Resolution” setting is checked and greyed out even after following the instructions above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed Acrobat 10.1.8 on OS 10.8.5, unistalled it. Remove Library/Preferences/com.adobe.PDFAdminSettings.plist.

Installed Acrobat 11 and update to 11.0.4. the “Open in Low Resolution” setting is enable not grayed out in my Retina machine.

Can you do sevral things?

I assume you have removed com.adobe.PDFAdminSettings.plist file before you install Acrobat 11.0 right?

1. Check the follwoing setting in info.plist:

/Applications/Adobe Acrobat XI Pro/Adobe Acrobat Pro.app/Contents/Info.plist

<key>NSHighResolutionCapable</key>

<true/>

if not set to true, change to true.

2. open terminal window and type the following

touch /Applications/Adobe\ Acrobat\ XI\ Pro/Adobe\ Acrobat\ Pro.app/

3. Check "open in Low Resolution" setting again.

Good luck, Steven

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great stuff, Steven! It worked. Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear, enjoy our HIDPI features in Acrobat 11.0.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2013 Sep 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the information with me that how do you fix your problem with my workaround information?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2013 Sep 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure.

1. Opened the info.plist file in a text editor. The <key>NSHighResolutionCapable</key> on line 430 was followed by <true/> on line 431 so I left it as it was and closed it.
  2. Pasted touch /Applications/Adobe\ Acrobat\ XI\ Pro/Adobe\ Acrobat\ Pro.app/ in Terminal.
  3. Opened Acrobat and it rendered in full resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2013 Sep 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your input, so in your info.plist file NSHighResolutionCapable is set to true. What you have done just run this command: "
touch /Applications/Adobe\ Acrobat\ XI\ Pro/Adobe\ Acrobat\ Pro.app/" and it works?

Thanks

Steven;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2013 Nov 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That TOTALLY worked for me!

Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 30, 2013 Sep 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the Retina display issue has been a show-stopper for me until now. So if I'm following this, you want "low resolution"  (BTW you find this in the "get info" panel for the Acrobat application) unchecked and 32-bit mode checked, correct? With this, it is generally much improved, but I still have challenges with grabbing or selecting drawing markup corners or boxes (clicking or rolling over many times until it works) and pages randomly bouncing back and forth, sometimes mid note. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you send me test file so I can reproduce your problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well... any PDF will have the same issues. Perhaps the page bouncing happens more earnestly with longer documents, but maybe not... it's hard to say - the page bouncing happens enough, at varying times, to be noticeably disruptive. But the "add text callout" drawing markup frustration is a constant - selecting, grabbing, editing, moving and sizing are always a multi-clicking and haphazard affair, no matter what PDF you are working in. And, as an aside, changing the properties and the authors is an amazing challenge - bried deeply and obscurely it requires relearning and Googling everytime I have to do it (becasue the changes sometimes don't stick) - but that's another thread!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have logged page bouncing issue and we definitely work on fixing this issue in future releases.

For moving mark up issue, I can reproduce the problem so I will follow up with our commenting engineer to improve usability issue. The work around you just need to select the "add text callout" mark up and keep moving the mouse to the corner and wait until move icon show up.

Thanks for reporting the problems for us, we will keep improving and make our customers happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For moving "add text callout" mark up issue this is an easy work around:

1. Select the mark up

2. move the mouse arrow to the up middle of marker

3. The Move icon is easy to show up in step 2 than you move mouse in the corner.

Hope this temporarily solves your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

I think, generally, that Acrobat tends to become sluggish and occasionally non-resposive as system resourses are taxed. About an hour ago it ground to a halt while IPhoto was quiting in the background, which can take quite a while. I've noticed that iPhoto is problrmatic this way, and sucks the life out of the computer as it does this, so some issues with Acrobat may be related to how much memory it has to do its job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And oh yes, selcting the arrow head on the "add text callout" can be frustrating. I just spent a minute trying to select it... moving the box around, selecting and deselecting the box, all ineffective in selecting the arrowhead to move and point in the right direction. As I sometimes do, I ended up copying the text in the callout, deleting the callout, create a new callout, and paste, and then the arrow head usually selects easily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2013 Oct 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Argh. I tried this.

Uninstalled Acrobat, etc.

Rebooted.

Now the Creative Cloud app won't let me download and install Acrobat. It says the app is "up to date," even though it has been uninstalled.

If I go here:

https://creative.adobe.com/products/acrobat? It launches the Creative Cloud app.

How can I download and install Acrobat again?

Help please!!!

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remove Library/Preferences/com.adobe.PDFAdminSettings.plist file, and try download again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did that. Still get this when trying to download. It says Adobe Acrobat is Up to date, even though it has been uninstalled. Can't download directly from the web because it launches the Creative Cloud app.

. creative_cloud_app.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try two steps to clean Acrobat files:

1. Go to ~/Library/Preferences folder, delete all files that have adobe on it.

2. Go to ~/Library/Application Support  folder, delete Adobe folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Steven

That worked.

Of course, I have to reinstall InDesigin, Photoshop,Lightroom, etc. too...

Will let you know if the resolution with Acrobat is fixed.

thx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you need to re-install other Adobe products that al lfiles are cache files. They may be re-generated after you launch those Adobe products.

Sorry, I don't work in Create Cloud Team and installer team, I am trying to help you to fix your problem.

Try just delete Acrobat releated file not other products' files. For example:

1. Go to ~/Library/Preferences folder, delete all files that have acrobat on it. Leave other products files there.

2. Go to ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe folder, just delete Acrobat folder

Good Luck!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines