Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Adding Google Translate to a Muse site

Sep 18, 2013 11:07 AM

Hello,

I created the following website for a client recently: www.sinoprestige.com

Trying to add Google Translate function to appear in the top right of the page somewhere as a drop-down for All Languages.

The site is hosted on GoDaddy, so I went on the File Manager there and edited the HTML files that I exported from Muse. I placed the first Translator snippet code just in front of the closing </head> tag and the long snippet code on the first blank line under the first <body> tag.

However, the Translator is not there on the website. I followed the advice of the bottom post of this thread: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5520675#5520675

Please can someone help me get this working? Have I misplaced the 2 sets of code?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 18, 2013 12:58 PM   in reply to T-Bone1987

If you went into the code to do it you didn't do it right. With Muthere is no reason to go into the code to add Google Translate.

Once you get your Google Translate code ... go into Muse and open your main template.

Go to Page Properties and paste your head code as in the screenshot below (ignore the font-awesome code that is for something different):

Screen Shot 2013-09-18 at 12.51.07 PM.png

Once you are done that go to Object --> Insert HTML and paste your second part of the code there:

Screen Shot 2013-09-18 at 12.51.51 PM.png

Move the HTML box to where you want it on your page:

Screen Shot 2013-09-18 at 12.52.44 PM.png

Publish (or upload) ... and it works!

http://www.aurorastart.com

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 18, 2013 1:22 PM   in reply to T-Bone1987

You must use web fonts. Most system fonts will generate an image.

When choosing your fonts choose from Web Safe or Web Fonts - not system fonts.

Screen Shot 2013-09-18 at 1.21.23 PM.png

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 1, 2013 8:18 AM   in reply to T-Bone1987

I actually just ran into this issue last week. I had a site where I was using Google Translate to do a French version. However it was a goverment funded site and they do not allow Google Translation.

Unfortunately the only option I was able to come up with was to create a copy of the site done in French. I wish I could tell you there was a magic button to push but there isn't .... I looked. ;-)

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points