• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CS5 save to jpg bug - strange white lines

New Here ,
May 13, 2010 May 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to export my vector to jpg: Save for web and devices -> jpg with big resolution (8000x8000)appear strange white parallel lines at the jpg image. But if it (2000x2000) it's look finebug2.jpgbug.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 13, 2010 May 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few years back this started showing up when Adobe entered into transparency in Illustrator.  I think there was a reason transparency was left in Photoshop, but then was introduced in vector graphics and has been troublesome ever since.  That said, it appears to be some sort of "stitching" going on in the preview or the file itself.  I wonder if the file prints fine or you see the lines in a high res proof?  There also could be some compression artifacts in play as well.  It may require you to test a few different levels of compression in your .jpg's.  Also, you might want to check your document raster effects resolution.  Not sure where you plan on going with the file, but the higher the resolution, the better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2010 May 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think its not about CS5 but your image looks like it has some masks or effects so my suggestion what if you make it a raster before you slice it or check what happens when you save that slice to a different famat

Imran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2010 May 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

original vector is 800x800, red is two objects - red and white 20% transparency (it's part of gass button)

when save jpg 2000x2000 it's fine

when save jpg 3000x3000 or biggest it have white lines

png, gif have some problem

Illustrator CS4 save this as jpg 8000x8000 fine

Maybe cs5 have new rasterization module?

Just try rasterize Edit->rasterize - new image have white lines

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2010 Jun 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, I exported the same file in cs4 and in cs5.  No problems in cs4, but in cs5 the higher the resolution the more lines I got.  This is frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 16, 2010 Jul 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I+m having the same issue in files with no transparencies. In fact, no raster effects, nothing but plain gradient and solid fills.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 18, 2010 Jul 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this exact issue.

Happens in "Save for web" and in "export". I managed to keep CS4 still installed and took the exact same file and "exported" it and "saved for web", and no issue at all in CS4. This is def. an issue that has popped back up in CS5 then.

On my attached image there is no gradients or special effects, just clipping masks.

I've tried the new options they have in save for web, "Art Optimized" and "Type Optimized". The issue does not happen in "Type Optimized" but the quality in type optimized is lower and it renders the exact same as the vector file appears(so colors bleeding out a pixel behind some objects etc.) The issue does happen in "art optimized".

Issues happens when saving in png and jpg format, with or without transparency.

I've attached an example, notice the lines in her face. (same as initial attached image)

So is this a "wait for an update" sort of scenario? or is this a "use a different program to save for web" scenario?

cs5.problem.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2010 Aug 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same problem. It's really frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2010 Aug 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

utest and others,

Hopefully, the 15.0.1 update will solve it:

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2010 Aug 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does, thank goodness. I found it soon after posting this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2013 Oct 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have tried to us this download and I cannot update my illustrator. Any more ideas how to change this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines