• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash videos all of a sudden stop playing after a few seconds

Aug 04, 2012 Aug 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe Community,

As of this morning I have been unable to play flash videos, through youtube for example, as they stop playing after a few seconds. This seems to be random as in 2-3 seconds, 5 seconds, or up to 11. Not sure why it is this morning that I am having issues and I can't explain it. It's not just Youtube either.

I have tried resetting the router, checking to make sure it's on it's latest firmware (it is), disabling hardware exceleration, and other things. Do you guys have any suggestions? This happened on another computer of mine at work and I thought i fixed the problem there by disabling hardware excelleration.

Thanks for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similiar problem as of yesterday or the day before. I can only watch SOME videos on youtube. Audio will only play out of right side of headset with stereo mode on while attempting to watch these videos, and surround sound mode is obnoxious. Pandora either doesn't play and keeps skipping to new tracks or only plays out of the right side of my headset. And this a month after I first fixed my sound problems with flash. Except the fix doesn't work for me this time around.

If you're using chrome, try typing "chrome://plugins" in your address bar without the quotations. Disable flash there and then enable it. It worked for me last month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice Sigma but that unfortunately did not work. I definitely tried with no success

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 07, 2012 Aug 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So after further research into my issue it appears that it appears to be Chrome that is having the issue with Flash. I downloaded Firefox and have been using that for the past few days without issue playing flash videos. Even tried reinstalling Chrome with no success. So is there anyway to get Flash to work with Chrome?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2012 Aug 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with Chrome AND with Firefox. You (and I) are not alone.  A Google search shows this is a widespread problem which Adobe cannot / will not fix. 

The sooner Flash disappears in favour of something more reliable, the better.  Flash is an asbolute menace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2012 Aug 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if anyone else had found the answer, but after a little tinkering, i found that in Chrome (i assume the same can be done with Firefox), type chrome:plugins in the address bar, expand the options for plugins at the top (its says Plugins followed by the number you have installed in brackets), find version 11.3.31.225 and disable. Worked like a charm for me.

Now to figure out how to role this out to hundreds of users in a corporate enviroment with either GPO or reg hack...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Magic Colin, that is removing the Chrome bulit-in Flash plugin which is known to be u/s (although Google haven't got off their a$$ to fix it yet AFAIK, or even to admit that it is u/s).  But then what?  Whatever external version of the Flash plugin you install, you will find the same problem occurring, unless you dig around and find an older version which has built-in security vulnerabilities. . 

As far as I can see, as a non-techie, it is all to do with the Flash Settings little screen that pops up in the middle of a video. You can't "deny" allowing the Flash site to store data on your PC; you can only "allow" it, so not much of a choice really. Plus the "disable hardware acceleration" "featurette that doesn't work either.  This entire "feature" came about in the last version from Adobe I think.

The fact that they won't or can't fix it, and there are dozens of complaints about this all over the web and even on this forum (some of which go unanswered) illustrates an attitude problem this company has vis-a-vis end-consumers of its products,.

Does Adobe Inc really think the average end-user is going to spend time testing memory, searching around for video driver upgrades and the myriad other items, Adobe staff have suggested on this forum, in order to fix a problem that Adobe themselves have created?  Not very likely. .

In my organisation, we have voted with our feet.   I can tell you that no development whatsoever is permitted in Flash. Apple has plenty of faults but their standing firm against this abomination has elevated them greatly in my estimation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, Magic Colin, if you disable version 11.3.31.225, you will pestered at every site using Flash: Adobe Flash Player is blocked bcause it is out of date. Update Plugin. 

Clicking on THAT leads you to this .....

If you are using the Google Chrome browser, Adobe® Flash® Player is built-in but has been disabled. To enable Flash Player, follow the steps in this TechNote

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw that a new version of Chrome was released..I'm going to have to try that and see if it works. Yeah, as for disabling flash..that kinda defeats the purpose. I just wish it would work. Dunno what to do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2012 Aug 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clicking on THAT leads you to this .....

If you are using the Google Chrome browser, Adobe® Flash® Player is built-in but has been disabled. To enable Flash Player, follow the steps in this TechNote

You can work around this issue by going here instead: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2013 Oct 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDIT Oct 20 2013. Nup , still does it - seems to be intermittent now!

EDIT Oct 17 2013 - : I have updated Flash to V 11.9, and the problem appears to have been resolved!

BUMP:

Also striking this problem on both my PCs (Windows 7 32 and 64 bit). Youtube videos start playing then stop after 10-15 seconds. Sound is OK. Worse still, all access to the www is blocked until a reboot is done, though ping and DNS are OK.

Experienced with FF21 & 24 and IE9.

Yes, I have latest Flash everything! Tried the workaround from the previous poster.

I have also just reinstalled Windows from scratch on one PC (for other reasons), and the problem is still the same.

ANNOYING!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2013 Nov 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's outlandish that this thread was started over a year ago and this problem still persists. We spend way too much money on Adobe products to be ignored. Has anyone found a solid and permanent solution to this, since there's zero help coming from Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 11, 2014 Feb 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no doubt that this problem has been around for a long time. However I never really took much notice as to what may be causing this issue. There have been many reasons put forward as to the possible cause but none seem to be very effective. You would think that Adobe would have an answer/resolution...! None the less I now have to find a resolution as we are deploying many new desktop to one of our clients and were are using the new Intel Next Unit Computer (Intel NUC) which has 3 * USB ports, HDMI port, 2 * Mini display ports, Ethernet.

Everything was working fine, even Flash was working, but what we discovered that Flash works fine when there was a USB head set plugged in and the problem only surfaced when we deployed the machines without the head set.

After much head scratching we realized that without the head set plugged in there is no "Audio playback device" installed. So we tested the scenario that if there is no "Audio Playback Device" or if the only available audio device is disabled on several different types of hardware, then Flash will run for about 5-7seconds and display the message "An error occurred, please try again later. Learn More" on a black and white snowy background.

But to confuse the issue, we would remote into the test computers with an RDP client (MSTSC) and this would install a "Remote audio" device and Flash would play fine and the audio would be redirected to the workstation from which the RDP session was running.

This just reinforced the fact that if there is no audio playback device available, Flash will stop running after 5-7 seconds.

The resolution to this issue is to install a virtual (software) sound card or audio cable. This will create an audio playback device that allows Flash to work correctly.

For those of you who do have an audio device installed, the same issue may arise due to a compatibility issue, so a virtual/software audio device may resolve your issue.

This solution would also get around those devices like servers that need flash, but do not have a built in audio playback device.

Question for Adobe - Why is the player unable to play flash content if there is no audio playback device available?

Apologies for the loooong post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2014 Mar 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your solution, Groots. I couldn't figure out a way to fix this problem for the life of me, but who knew it would be something as simple as plugging in headphones. I haven't had my speakers hooked up for a while and did not consider that it could have anything to do with my youtube problem. I would like to point out though that I was only having the problem on youtube. All other flash video sites that I tried worked fine. On youtube the video would skip forward after 2 seconds in a playlist. If it was not a playlist, after 2 seconds I would get a background like old tv static and a message that says "Video not available. Click here to read more." or something similar. None of their solutions did anything and nothing else I've been able to find on google helped either. Thanks again, Groots!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 26, 2014 May 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello User Groots

First of all: Please excuse me for my poor English. It isn't my native language and I only get the chance to speak it about once a month.

I want to give Groots the biggest THANK YOU that is possible. He helped me solve a problem that I have had for the last two months. Till an hour ago I couldn't believe the problem was so unlogic, but so simple to fix.

About two months ago I bought a second-hand computer. It is an Acer i7-2600 desktop with quite good specs. From the moment I reinstalled Windows, everything was working perfectly. But everytime I would go to Youtube and click on a movie. It would start and play for about 2-3 seconds and after that it would give a black screen with grey dots like on a old tv-set with an error message. Also my mouse-cursor changed in a strange-shaped distorted blinky thing everytime I started a movie.I had tried to change every setting of Adobe Flash, I even uninstalled Flash 13 and installed an older version, but nothing would work. The crazy thing was that other moviesites that use Flash worked perfectly. Also everything else on the pc worked fine.

After searching on the web on differents blogs for people with the same problem and trying al those things, I concluded that it must be a hardware issue. A friend of mine has a spare pc at home and together we switched the memory modules (didn't help), videocard (didn't help), hard drive (didn't help), flashed bios (didn't help), multiple diagnostic tools (didn't help). In the mean time we reinstalled Windows 7 for about 8 or 10 times to be thorough.

After al these attempts we concluded that it must be the processor (although the diagnostic programs said it was 100 % OK) or the motherboard.

I started looking on the web for a similar morherboard and I found someone in Tampa, Florida. He auctioned it on Ebay for $ 15,00 and I got it for $ 16,50. Together with shipping & handling I payed $ 60,00 for the whole thing together (I live in Belgium, Europe, that's why transport is expensive). Last Friday the parcel arrived at our house and I was extremely happy to finally have a solution to my problem that was sometimes causing me to have problems sleeping.

This Sunday I went to the local pcstore and bought cpu cooling paste and after about 1,5 hours I had cleaned and replaced the motherboard, the CPU and all other parts. You can't believe how I felt when I reïnstalled Windows and al the updates etcetera and 2 hours later when I went to the Youtube website again I found out that THE SAME PROBLEM STILL EXISTED!!!!!!!!!! I don't know how they call it in English, but here in Belgium we say: 'I felt like I fell right through the ground'. I had spent $ 60,00 for this motherboard, waited two weeks for it and had it shipped to me from the other side of the world and it didn't HELP AT ALL. Extremely frustrating is a big understatement. Another almost sleepless night followed.

Today at work I was determined to search further into specific Flash and Youtube compatibility postings, but didn't expect to find a solution. This post was the second one I had read today. User Groots stated that the problem could be solved as simple as connecting a headphone. Directly when I came home from work I had to test this, but I didn't had high hopes, because the solution looked way to unlogic and simple to me.

Just to make a long story not much longer: I plugged in a headphone from a portable MP3-player and since then Youtube works perfectly. When I plug it out. Youtube immediately shows the error message again.

I am extremely pleased and feel victorious to have finally, after more than two months, solved this problem.

User GROOTS: I was on the edge of throwing this thing out of my window. When you ever come to Belgium, contact me: We have the best beers in the world. I'll buy you one (or more...).

Greetings and a thousand thank you's,

Wesley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2015 Jan 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Groots,

I had a the same problem and nothing helped until I noticed my soundcard got accidentally disabled. I'm using a USB headset (which presents itself as a soundcard in the system). After plugging it in and out a few times something went wrong and the built-in soundcard got disabled. This prevented flash playing videos.

The issue took a few hours from my life

Thanks again!

Krisztián

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2014 Mar 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is obviously with Flash. But I have a problem with videos on other sites, not YouTube.

A video will play for a few minutes, up to 20 minutes or so, then go into an endless buffering mode (with the circle). Then eventually Flash crashes.

With some videos I have to restart twice to watch a 30 minute video.

Happens in Firefox, Safari for Windows, Opera, IE (ugh of a browser), Chrome. All the same.

With live video, it keeps going into buffering every minute or so, or the audio constantly cuts out for a split second every few seconds or less.

Have tried ALL the supposed fixes without success.

Cannot someone come out with a superior player? Adobe obviously does not care to (or cannot) fix this. I suspect it is both. Flash needs to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2014 Mar 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yeah, another problem.

Video and audio do not keep in sync. It starts out fine, then over time the audio and video become increasingly out of sync. Ugh!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2014 May 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still same problem on Ubuntu 13.10 FF29

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2014 Nov 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am now having this issue.  I see some people have had it for the past 2 years with no fix?  Has anyone figured this out or has Adobe come up with answer?  My youtube browers plays for a sec then goes to error, unless it is a part of a playlist.  In that case, it plays for a sec and jumps to the next video,

Fixes please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found a fix for me.  Just uninstalled the youtube downloader plug-in and the ad block plus login.  Seems to have done the trick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine as well I get error message every time I try to play on youtube. I must remove Flash Player then re download it to play games..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2014 Nov 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here it is mid-November 2014, and I contracted this problem for the first time this morning.  Some videos play for about 2 seconds, some won't play at all.  I see this is a 2 year old problem; I can't guess why I should suddenly begin to have this trouble.  I tried all the above solutions that I could understand.  So what's the best workaround?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2014 Nov 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disclaimer: I am a Google Chrome user, and use Windows 8 (don't hate!).

Solving: How to keep Flash Player and kick out the pesky 2 second freeze bug ( oooooh, ahhhhh)

OK LET ME HELP YOU ALL OUT: I HAVE HAD THE PROBLEM FOR A MONTH NOW.....I DID NOT CARE UNTIL IT SLOWED DOWN ALL MY INTERNET ACTIVITIES

Activities slowed:

-Browsing...just about anything

-Playing games via chrome

-Videos would stop after 2 seconds and I would just be inching closer to the screen questioning why this would happen; facebook, youtube, just about anything that had video.

What really bugged be was my browsing speed so I investigated to see I was not alone on the 2 second video freeze...I did not bother to read rubbish on how to fix it because I like to do it on my own, but seeing all the forums I would say....a lot of people need my help.

Resolutions:

Go to the Chrome address, www., webpage, whatever bar and type this "chrome://plugins"

Untitled.png

yes, ah, look at what I have highlighted "Adobe Flash Player"

NOW what you people who have issues probably have is "Adobe Flash Player(2)"

Have no fear!

Why this is happening? Well Chrome uses Flash within each websites as you browse, so if you have two of the same instances"(2)" running at the same time, Chrome gets confuses and in return CRASHES!

The answer is simple, do NOT simply "Disable" Adobe Flash, because well...we want to keep it and work out the bugs right?  right!

1. disabling will do nothing

2. its a computer and we are man, man must win

3. like i said its a computer, and like all computers, all problems have a solution

THE FIX: It is simple really in the past do you all recall physically installing an Adobe Flash update? The answer should be YES, and why you should not of done this is because lovely Google Chrome updates Adobe Flash for us AUTOMATICALLY! SO INT HE FUTURE LET THE SOFTWARE DO ITS WORK AND AUTO UPDATE TO STOP MAKING YOUR LIFE MORE DIFFICULT!

Windows 8: Go To Search<Control Panel<Uninstall a Program<Type is Adobe Flash<DELETE ALL VERSIONS OF Adobe Flash

Untitled.png

Untitled1.png

Untitled12.png

As you can see, I have Searched Adobe Flash, and I have no more versions left on my computer because I deleted them all.
Doing this will delete any extra versions of Adobe Flash off of Google Chrome! Instead of it saying "Adobe Flash(2)" It should just read "Adobe Flash - version blah blah blah(most up to date version that CHROME UPDATES FOR YOU AUTOMATICALLY SO DO NOT EVER THINK ABOUT DOING IT AGAIN!"

You ask what does this do? It does not confuse your browser anymore, and it can think more clearly using only one Adobe Flash at a time.

What to do now?

Open up YouTube and watch everything you can, and literally have a big weight off your shoulders when everything literally INSTANTLY LOAD WOOOOOOHOOO!

If this does not work, try to restart blah blah blah, should work.

SUMMARY: DELETE ADOBE FLASH FROM YOUR COMPUTER FROM "Search<Control Panel< Uninstall a Program<Search "Adobe Flash"<Delete all versions from computer"

hope this helps, cuz it worked for me!

peace

`rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2014 Nov 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just built a new system from scratch yesterday,  Same problem with firefox.

Simplest fix for me?  Don't use Adobe Shockwave's latest download.  I backed down to the last one from July at this website.  Everything works fine.

Old and New Version of Shockwave Player Download - OldApps.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines