• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to upgrade Coldfusion 9.0.0 to 9.0.2

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2013 Oct 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I first need to upgrade to 9.0.1 and then to 9.0.2 or can I go directly from 9.0.0 to 9.0.2? Or is 9.0.2 a fresh install?

Thanks,

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Oct 15, 2013 Oct 15, 2013

Hi Dave,  The topic of 9.0.2 can be kind of confusing it takes some background to explain, Charlie Arehart wrote up a good overview about it here: http://www.carehart.org/blog/client/index.cfm/2013/8/19/understanding_ColdFusion_9.0.2_a_FAQ

9.0.2 is a fresh install, it is not really meant to be an upgrade from 9.0.0 or 9.0.1. 9.0.2 was created becuase Adobe stopped licensing the Verity Search engine, so in order to have a download for 9.0.x on their site they needed to do this.

If you are currentl

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,  The topic of 9.0.2 can be kind of confusing it takes some background to explain, Charlie Arehart wrote up a good overview about it here: http://www.carehart.org/blog/client/index.cfm/2013/8/19/understanding_ColdFusion_9.0.2_a_FAQ

9.0.2 is a fresh install, it is not really meant to be an upgrade from 9.0.0 or 9.0.1. 9.0.2 was created becuase Adobe stopped licensing the Verity Search engine, so in order to have a download for 9.0.x on their site they needed to do this.

If you are currently running 9.0.0 and do not need Verity, then you might find it easiest to install a fresh 9.0.2, but if you want to just upgrade what you have, then I would just install 9.0.1, then Cumulative Hotfix 4 (CHF4), then the additional security patches not included in CHF4. If you install 9.0.2 there will also be security hotfixes to install, and a Cumulitive Hotfix.

--

Pete Freitag

Foundeo Inc. - Makers of HackMyCF & FuseGuard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pete,

Thanks very much for this info. This really helps.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've got a similar issue, and of course the Adobe documentation is confusing, incomplete, and overall the worst I have ever seen.I'm trying what seems would be a basic CF setup. I've done this before, but that was before Adobe had 3(?) versions of CF 9.

1. Which installer is 9.0.2 64 bit? URL please to the download. Adobe couldn't have made it more confusing.

2. Running IIS 7.5, should I go with the 64 bit version or 32 bit version?

3.  Why are there three versions? Do I have to install 9.0.0 and then 9.0.1 and then 9.0.2.

4.   Is there one document that tells WHICH order, and WHICH specific installers need to be run?

5.  Are the hotfixes and updates included in the 9.0.2 full installer? (that would make sense so my guess is no)

6. What else needs to be done to get CF to install? I ran the web config tool but still no luck.

"

Hi Dave,  The topic of 9.0.2 can be kind of confusing it takes some background to explain, Charlie Arehart wrote up a good overview about it here: http://www.carehart.org/blog/client/index.cfm/2013/8/19/understanding_ ColdFusion_9.0.2_a_FAQ

*  yeah. Adobe really messed this up. I hope someone got fired. (PM of the CF team would be a good start)

* Where is the link to the 9.0.2 64 bit installer? How can I be sure I have the right one? (win 64 bit)

If you are currently running 9.0.0 and do not need Verity, then you might find it easiest to install a fresh 9.0.2

, but if you want to just upgrade what you have, then I would just install 9.0.1, then Cumulative Hotfix 4 (CHF4), then the additional security patches not included in CHF4. If you install 9.0.2 there will also be security hotfixes to install, and a Cumulitive Hotfix.

* .good grief.are those steps required if you do a fresh install of 9.0.2?

What other steps must be taken to get it working on IIS 7.5

Can someone point me to some documentation on how to install CF 9 on IIS 7.5 Windows 2008 R2?

Apparently, running the installer and web config tool isn't good enough. I've seen lots of folks having diffin culties with this. I tried the basic method, I tried the complicated lock down method (suggested since CF now is just garbage when it comes to having "flaws").  Surely there is one installer with a set of instructions that actually works.

What am I missing in IIS? What steps are not included in Adobe's docs?

Why has Adobe failed so miserably? and how can I INSTALL COLDFUSION ON IIS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If someone could please send me  a complete guide to installing cf 9 on windows 2008, I'd be very appreciative of seeing a link or something. It seems like it should be straightforward, but I'm stumped.

Adobe is evil and they must be destroyed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) Which installer is 9.0.2 64 bit? 

Go here: https://www.adobe.com/support/coldfusion/downloads_updates.html#cf9 and click on the one that says "ColdFusion 9 Windows 64 bit installer" 

2) Running IIS 7.5 should I have the 64 bit version or the 32 bit version? 

If your hardware and OS are 64 bit then you should also run the 64 bit version of ColdFusion, the only reason to choose 32 bit might be compatibility with native components (eg C++ CFX tags or COM objects). 

3) Why are 3 versions? 

See my previous answer, but in short if you want 9.0.2 then just start there, you can't download 9.0.0 anymore because it contains verity which Adobe no longer licenses. 

4) Which order do installers need to be run? 

If you want 9.0.2 then just install 9.0.2, then CHF1, then security updates. 

5) Are hotfixes included in 9.0.2 installer 

Not all hotfixes are included in 9.0.2 installer, any hotfixes that have come out after 9.0.2 was released are not included in the installer. 

6) What else do you need to do to get CF to install? 

When you install IIS you need to make sure the ASP.NET, CGI, ISAPI role services are installed as well, the installer should tell you this though. If you are using the 9.0.0 installer that doesn't support IIS 7, you have to install IIS6 compatibility to get it to work, the 9.0.2 installer does support IIS7 however. If you are still having issues you might want to start a new thread related to the issues you are having.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much. I'll review the steps you list see how it goes.

I am re-reading the lockdown guide you wrote, and more than likely will be signing up for a foundeo account soon.

I know I've bought a couple of your books in the past, and should probably do so again.

Adobe should give you a cash bonus. Without users like you to help, people would abandon CF

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I appreciate the kind words 🙂

I wasn't going to toot my own horn too much but since you mentioned our service, I'll chime in that once you install 9.0.2 you can just connect with the HackMyCF probe to see which hotfixes and security hotfixes you are missing. It will give you a nice listing in order with dates and links to each one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. A couple more questions. They all pertain to a cf9 setup on windows 2008.

The "run as account" that should be setup.

Is that a normal windows user?  (ie cfusion, iisservice)

I see that a run as account type is done through "operations manager"?

I can't seem to find that. Is it something to download, or MS has hidden it well.

can a "run as Acct type" be created without the "operations manager"

I hope so, cause I dont seem to have that "feature"

The partion that is created for CF

Do all CF sites and CFadmin directory get put here? Or just CF?

Should I just ignore the "lockdown" until I get it working on basic setup?

At this point I just want a working server. Someone else can deal with it when it gets hacked.

I don't expect CF to be secure at this point, since Adobe keeps adding "features" (vulnerabilities and bugs_

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That sounds sweet. I wish you made the installer for Adobe, It'd probably at least work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation