Exit

Cineform Plugins failure to load

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2013 Oct 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else getting this error?

:

After Effects warning: The following plugins have failed to load. Please reinstall these plugins:

C:/Program Files/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/7.0/MeidaCore/CineForm/CFHD_AVI_Importer32.prm

C:/Program Files/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/7.0/MeidaCore/CineForm/CFHD_MOV_Importer32.prm

I can't figure out how to reinstall. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 16, 2013 Oct 16, 2013

Those plugins can be deleted from C:/Program Files/Adobe/Common/Plugins/7.0/MediaCore/CineForm/ as they are no longer needed in Adobe CC products.

We will be removing them from the GoPro Studio installer in the next release.

Jake Segraves

Technical Support Manager

GoPro

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you install them in the first place?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CineForm Lite was installed by the Creative Cloud App when I installed After Effects CC.  I don't recall a separate CineForm install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those plugins can be deleted from C:/Program Files/Adobe/Common/Plugins/7.0/MediaCore/CineForm/ as they are no longer needed in Adobe CC products.

We will be removing them from the GoPro Studio installer in the next release.

Jake Segraves

Technical Support Manager

GoPro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 17, 2013 Oct 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that information, Jake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2014 Aug 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem here.

If these pluginns are not being used anymore how can i get this warning out of AE?

AE warning plugin failure.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 12, 2014 Aug 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Jake said above, remove the plug-ins from that folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2014 Aug 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! It did the job!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue but with BCC plugin and I want those plugins 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2015 Jan 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, what if you're still working in CS6?  I get this error and the footage will not play in After Effects CS6.  I have GoProStudio 2.5.4.404 installed with AE 11.0.2.12 installed.  What can I do to cure this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 23, 2015 Jan 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> with AE 11.0.2.12 installed

Note that you are two major bug-fix updates behind. The most recent CS6 version is 11.0.4:

http://adobe.ly/DVA_updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2015 Jan 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  That was it.  I honestly thought I was all up to date.  My machine has to be offline, so I go crazy with having to do manual updates.  For example, I couldn't get Illustrator to update for the longest time because, as it turns out, you have to update Adobe Application Manager before hand!

It can cause a lot of frustatrations not being able to have things automatically update, registering software manually, etc.!!!  Wish there was an easier way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 26, 2015 Jan 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel your pain. When I go home and do freelance work, life is wonderful, but at work. GAH!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2015 Jan 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

So if I have AE CS6, do I have to remove this Cineform files too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

?? elnath10, What is it that you're trying to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem everytime I start AE in CS6

After Effects warning: The following plugins have failed to load. Please reinstall these plugins:

C:/Program Files/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/7.0/MeidaCore/CineForm/CFHD_AVI_Importer32.prm

C:/Program Files/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/7.0/MeidaCore/CineForm/CFHD_MOV_Importer32.prm

and I have the version 11.0.4.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd say try just moving the files out of the folder to some where else temporarily and start up AE CS6, view some files you've exported out of GoPro Studio (aka Cineform) and make sure you can view and edit with them fine with no issues.  If you can, then go ahead and delete them.  If there's an issue then put them back in the original folder and you're back at square one, I guess!  This is what I did for one of my machines (with CS6) and I was able to delete them.  NOTE, I did need to manual relink the GoPro footage to be able to start working with it.

On a side-note, here's a strange thing I found with this situation that maybe someone will have some insight on:

I have 2 machines:

1) 3D-Boxx W-4860 with Windows 7 Pro sp1, graphics card is Quadro 4000, Adobe software is CS6

2) HP Z800 with Windows 7 Pro sp 1, graphics card is also Quadro 4000, Adobe software is CS6

I updated the following on both while trying to porblem-solve this:

1) Quadro driver to 341.21

2) Adobe Application Manager8.0_all

3) After Effects CS6 to latest v. 11.0.4.2

4) Premiere Pro to 6.0.5

5) .Net to 4.5.51209

6) GoPro Studio to 2.5.51209

...amond other things, but this was what I could think of that relates to his topic.

So, the computers are essentially identical.  Why did I not need to delete the CFHD_AVI_Importer.prm & CFHD_MOV_Importer.prm on my Boxx computer, but I did need to on the HP computer (to not have the error message appear)????  Things seem to be running fine and I'm able to work with the Go Pro footage on the HP computer after the updates...knock on wood.  According to what I've read in this discussion I should only be deleting those files if I'm running Adobe CC, but I'm not on either.  Any insight Jake Segraves - GoPro techie?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines