Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forum fails to deliver email notifications

Aug 13, 2012 Aug 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am no longer receiving email notifications from the Photoshop Forum, even though my settings are unchanged. Why not? How am I supposed to know when someone responds to my post?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 03, 2012 Sep 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still not getting any email notifications from the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gary,

This is the opposite of what we usually see, where a subscriber is getting e-mail notifications, that they do not want, and do not understand why they are getting them.

However, what you describe is not unheard of. One MOD recently reported similar to what you describe.

As a test, in your Profile, turn OFF all e-mail notification, and then exit from the browser. Open your browser, go to your Profile, and recheck the e-mail notifications, that you want. Test.

Good luck, and maybe John C. (Adobe-Admin) will have some other tips for you.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 04, 2012 Sep 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure how this works. Do you mean to delete the entire list of posts I am following? There are a lot of them. Isn't there a global setting? I *always* want to be notified of further posts to a thread I have posted in. It used to be that way. Adobe has changed this forum too many times, and not for the better.

Update: Just a thought: If there is no global setting, then I may simply not have noticed the new procedure, and I have probably been failing to select email notifications for newer threads.

Message was edited by: Gary Politzer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible they have been classified as spam and sent there, or to trash, rather than to inbox?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not possible. I monitor my Junk Mail box constantly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are up to 91 subscriptions. I'm not getting reports from others about this. I got notified of this thread via my email subscription. Could your ISP be blocking the mail before it even gets to your in box?

I'll ask Jive's hosting folks to see if there is anything they can deduce from the logs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe-admin wrote:

You are up to 91 subscriptions. I'm not getting reports from others about this.

Thanks, I just got rid of a bunch of old subscriptions. As far as being the only one seeing an issue, that happens to me a lot. Apple is lucky I know how to troubleshoot & fix my Macs, because I've had more than my share of Mac issues. This is a clean install of Mountain Lion and PSCS5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t think it is anything you are doing or anything on your system. It would be something happening to the email messages at the Jive mail server or at your ISP, out of your control. I’ve asked Jive to look into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. That's good to know, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The mail server logs for the forums say that all of your notification messages are leaving the server here OK.

They did point out that me.com is being phased out and replaced by icloud. No idea, though, if that could be part of the problem with receiving email from the forums: http://www.redmondpie.com/icloudcom-email-addresses-to-finally-replace-mecom-in-ios-6-beta-3/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am already on iCloud. Legacy me.com and mac.com addresses continue to function. Interesting to know that the emails are getting sent. That seems to point to ISP, but I get spam every day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible that your ISP has blacklisted the emails so they never get to you. I’d check with them to see what might be happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 07, 2012 Sep 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today, I finally got a Photoshop forum notifcation email, but it is from a post I never subscribed to. Sheesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are subscribed to one complete forum. Unfortunately, the system doesn’t tell me which on.

Which Photoshop Forum did it come from? If you go to the message in the notification (View the full discussion link in the email) does the link in the Actions panel for that thread say “receive email notifications” or “stop email notifications?” If it says, “receive” click on the forum name in the breadcrumb to get to the forum page and see what the link says there.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link says "Receive Email Notifications." The Forum is Photoshop General Discussion. Interestingly, the notifications link on the main forum page says "Stop Email Notifications." Does this mean I am subscribed to the entire forum? I never intended any such nonsense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Oct 14, 2012 Oct 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Terri,

I'm having the same problem. I've subscribed to the Photoshop for Beginners forum, but aren't getting any emails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2012 Oct 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gary, yes, Stop Notifications means that at some point you clicked on the Receive Notifications link. Clicking it again will turn them off.

Hi Sandee.

You are subscribed to 3 forums. Are you getting any notifications from the other two?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Oct 18, 2012 Oct 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have spoken to two Adobe people who have told me that the forums are indeed sending me emails, but I'm not getting them.

They say this is probably a problem with me ISP. This confuses me. It doesn't make sense to me that I would get email from other parts of adobe.com such as apartners@adobe.com or prforums@adobe.com, but not forums_noreply@adobe.com.

Also, if it is my ISP, shouldn't I still see those emails on my mac.com webmail service? The email is sent directly to mac and then my Mail client fetches the emails.

Also, if it's my ISP, wouldn't I be able to see the emails on my smartphone. It doesn't use my ISP at all.

If anyone has insight as to what organization I should try to contact (Apple and Time/Warner are both megaliths that I'd rather not tilt at without reason), could you let me know?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Oct 21, 2012 Oct 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a new Adobe ID for my gmail account. I got two messages and then nothing since.

I didn't think the internet worked this way. How can my ISP, Time/Warner, block mail that goes to Google's servers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 17, 2013 Oct 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I click notiications on for everything in my list. Nothing. I click notifications off. Nothing. I get no email from my forum stuff, ever, and never have. Not a one, EVAH!

Sales letters? Oh, yeah. The only support place I'm more fed up with (for paid services/products) is Skype. They stink almost as badly as Adobe, but not quite. Because I spend a lot more money here, you know? So it hurts worse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2013 Oct 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your account is subscribed to get email notifications in 23 threads, but no full forum spaces. If there have been new replies to any of those threads since you clicked on Receive Email Notifications you should be getting email from forums_noreply@adobe.com. Can you check your spam filter to see if they are getting caught up there? I received your post via email notification and am replying to it via email.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines