• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Adobe Media Server 5 Professional Compatible with Windows Server 2012?

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2013 Oct 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could anyone from Adobe please verify the following link is up-to-date and AMS 5 Pro does not support Windows Server 2012?

http://www.adobe.com/products/adobe-media-server-professional/tech-specs.html

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 18, 2013 Oct 18, 2013

I'm sure they have one, but I have no idea what it is. It will probably be with a service pack relapse for AMS in the future. Adobe hasn't officially supported Windows Server 2012 in any of the enterprise applications that I have worked with, so don't feel that AMS is being excluded.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2013 Oct 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That link is up to date. AMS 5 has not been tested (to Adobe's satisfaction) on Windows Server 2012. It will probably work just fine, but it will be on a non-supported OS, so keep in mind that it may be difficult to get help from Adobe if you face issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jorma,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Does Adobe has any timeline for testing on Windows Server 2012 and for officially supporting the platform?

Thanks again.

is..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure they have one, but I have no idea what it is. It will probably be with a service pack relapse for AMS in the future. Adobe hasn't officially supported Windows Server 2012 in any of the enterprise applications that I have worked with, so don't feel that AMS is being excluded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jorma for the quick reply.

is..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, wish I knew more but Adobe is always pretty tight lipped about new tech specs. I imagine it is to keep people on working configuration while they sort out the issues with new ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 19, 2013 Oct 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://wwwimages.adobe.com/www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/products/coldfusion/pdfs/cf10/coldfusion10-support-matrix.pdf - there is Windows Server 2012 support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2013 Oct 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing the pdf. I wonder when they will start supporting AMS on Windows Server 2012.

is..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines