• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CC and CS6 doesn't start in Windows 8.1 Preview

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2013 Jun 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I attemp to run Illustrator on my machine running Windows 8.1 preview I see this error message (In spanish because both my system and software language are in spanish):

Error

Esta aplicaciĆ³n no es compatible con el idioma del sistema operativo actual. Abra el Panel de control "Opciones regionales y de idioma" en el menĆŗ Inicio de Windows.

This application is not compatible with the curren operating system language. Open Region and settings in Control panel on Windows Start menu.

I tried switching to Spanish (Spain), Spanish (United Stated), English (United States) and back to Spanish (Chile) with no results.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2013 Jul 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue have you found any solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2013 Jul 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too, it seems to be a compatibility issue with windows 8.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2013 Aug 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only fix around was to install the english version, hope adobe and microsoft find out whats causing this annoying bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2013 Oct 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem using Windows 8.1 Pro RTM.

Any solution? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2013 Oct 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. I can't even use Illustrator it keeps shutting down. Is there a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, we need a fix asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! Come on, we need a fix! Gonna try the english version for now, but hurry up please! This sucks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem on the final version of Windows 8.1. I can't believe none hasn't fixed this already!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you guys tried a reinstall? I have 8.1 on my machine as well and things are smooth. While upgrading 8.1 there was a question from Microsoft if I wanted to keep my application and settings, did you select that?

Uninstall and reinstall works in most cases you should first try out that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2013 Oct 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

No, is not a language-match problem.

I'm running Windows 8.1 in Spanish and Illustrator also in Spanish.

Maybe the problem could be related with the regional settings. My Windows is set in "Spanish (Argentina)".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Running illustrator in Spanish (Spain) and 8.1 in Spanish, and is not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same happend to me today..Please need a FIX now!

It is incredible, that knowing this problem since long time ago they did not do nothing..

This is our tool to work!!

Hurry UP Adobe!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad I haven't installed the final version of Windows 8.1 on my work system running 8. I always wait some days before I install any important update If it comes with some bugs like this.

This is very serious and Adobe has to fix it very soon.

One question: Is this happening only on computers running Windows 8.1 X64 or it affects the 32 bit version too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2013 Oct 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

English is definetly running wel on my computer. Is this a spanish only issue? is any non Spanish language build also seeing this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2013 Oct 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably only happends with Spanish instalaton. Personally I only tryed with Spanish, Is the one I bought.

Please give us a solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the english version(TRIAL) and it works, but...my license is for Spanish version!! why do I have to work with a trial version after paying(CS5 and CS6) license?

To Adobe: FYI in this post (http://forums.adobe.com/message/5772460#5772460) is reported that it also works in Italian.

Need a solution for Spanish Users

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not even an answer from adobe. What a waste of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you called in support? This is actually a user to user forum, we do see Adobe folks from time to time but this is not a regular support forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean we are really wasting our time writng on this forum about this issue?

Can you please give the support adress?

Please do not send me here: http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Where is supposed we have to write or call??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Offcourse you are not wasting your time here, if someone has a solution or a workaround you will get to hear fro other users.

However answer to why has Adobe not responded or when will it be fixed will come only when you speak to representatives mentioned at the page that you do not  want to use.

I have also received replies when I had sent email to ShareWithAI@adobe.com  you may want to try that. Make sure you write to them from the same email address that you used to purchase Adobe creative cloud lisence. OR have CS6 serial number of you are on perpetual lisence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the Windows 8.1 upgrade on the weekend and can confirm the bug exists. The only way to keep working with Illustrator is installing the english version for now, while adobe take care of the issue.

I already filled a bug report to adobe, hope this problem gets resolved as soon as possible.

PLEASE ADOBE, FIX THIS ISSUE. Illustrator is our work tool to make a living!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 22, 2013 Oct 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

First of all, our apologies for the inconveniences. Our team is aware of the incompatibility issue of Spanish WIN 8.1 RTM with Spanish Adobe Illustrator CC & CS6. We are currently working with Microsoft to investigate the issue and will be providing a fix as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, for workarounds: http://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/illustrator-does-not-start-windows-81.html

We'll let you guys know as soon as we have any updates.

Thanks,

Amy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same with the english version. I have windows 8.1 and CS6 Illustrator crashes. Uninstalled and put CC still crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running the Spanish version of Win 8.1, Conisus?

Have you tried resetting preferences (http://adobe.ly/Ty949V), disable any third party plug-ins and/or launch the software in a new user account with admin rights? http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-system-errors-freezes-windows.html#main_Commo...

If the basic troubleshooting steps don't work, would you mind to gather a copy of the crash log, paste it into http://pastebin.com and share the url? You should be able to locate the log by launching the Event viewer and search for the application crash logs of Illustrator.exe. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines