• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SQL Server 2005 Vista Problems

Contributor ,
Mar 30, 2007 Mar 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 3 databases in SQL Server 2005 that I want to connect to. Everything works fine in XP, but when I try to set it up on Vista I get all sorts of problems. All software is latest version with all available updates installed.

After restarting the Vista computer, the first database I select in CF administrator connects successfully, but the other two return Connection Reset error. It doesn't matter which of the 3 I select, just the first one connects.

However, whichever one it is that CF confirmed was successful, when accessed from a CF page also returns Connection Reset error.

The security settings in SQL Server are the same for each database.

Anyone got any idea how to solve this problem??

Doug
TOPICS
Database access

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 01, 2007 Apr 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The one that was connecting was connecting to port 1434. I have now locked it down and only port 1433 is available. Now I get the same error every time I try to make a connection:

Error establishing socket. Connection refused: connect

Apart from the port number (which was not 1433 on my old XP computer) everything else is identical.

Is there some setting in Vista out of the box that has to be changed to get CF to connect to SQL Server 2005?

Doug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 01, 2007 Apr 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I try to use the Microsoft SQL Server 2005 JDBC driver, I get the following error:

# The root cause was that: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The TCP/IP connection to the host has failed. java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

TCP/IP is enabled in SQL Server Configuration Manager and dynamic ports are turned off.

Don't where to go from here. Anyone have any suggestions?

Doug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 02, 2007 Apr 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could check the known issues referenced in this SQL Server Express Technote:
http://www.adobe.com/go/kb400255

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 02, 2007 Apr 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Found the problem. Silly thing I missed. You have to set enabled for the particular IP address you want. I had only enabled the protocol itself.

Now everything works fine.

Thanks for your help though, I was stuck on the idea that the problem had to be the new security in Vista.

Doug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation