Expand my Community achievements bar.

Versioning problem with LiveCycle forms in a SharePoint 2010 document library

Level 1

This isn't 100% related to the LiveCycle SharePoint Connector, but this seemed like the most logical place to post.

I am storing LiveCycle forms in a SharePoint 2010 document library. The library includes some columns of metadata and has major/minor versioning enabled with required check-out. I upload a file, set some metadata on the columns and check the file in such that it becomes a 1.0 version. I then check the file out, open in LiveCycle, make changes and save. When I go to check the file back in in SharePoint, the file will be at 0.1 and will have lost all of the metadata values I've added. So it wipes out any previous version history and all metadata.

I'm working in a large enterprise environment for a client and am not the one managing the servers. I am simply a site collection administrator. I know we don't have the Connector but it doesn't seem it would be required simply for storage. I'm not at this point looking for any advanced interactivity between the two. Consequently I have seen this behavior happen with other Adobe files, such as a PSD. So is this a SharePoint problem or an Adobe problem? Is it related somehow to WebDAV?

Anyone encountered this before?

Thanks!

2 Replies

Level 1

Is this happening with just the Adobe files?

Are you using Livecycle APIs for check out and making changes to the files?

Level 1

It does seem to be only happening with Adobe files, yes. I am not personally a LiveCycle user but it was brought to my attention by my LiveCycle users. I don't believe there are any LiveCycle add-ons in the SharePoint environment. I am simply choosing check-out from the dropdown in the browser. With Photoshop files, I have an Edit Document option in the document library. With Illustrator and LiveCycle files, I access with Open with Explorer.

Another clue is that I found that upon saving the files, in addition to what I describe above, it apparently performs a delete action because the previous versions of the file end up in the recycle bin. Strange stuff.

Naturally Microsoft Office files don't have this same problem. I tested with a couple other random applications: Notepad, Camtasia, and had no such issues.