Skip navigation
Sean Coyne
Currently Being Moderated

CFCHART bug in CHF 2

Mar 30, 2007 7:35 AM

I believe I have found a bug in the CFCHART fix for Cumulative HotFix 2 ( http://www.adobe.com/go/kb400996)

I have the following CFCHART call which works w/o the patch installed:

<cfset colors ="ff0000,00ff00,0000ff,ffff00,ff00ff,00ffff,ffcc00,ff00cc,f0ccf0,ccff 00,cc00ff">
<cfchart showlegend="no" format="flash" tipstyle="mouseover" rotated="yes" show3d="yes" backgroundcolor="ffffff">
<cfchartseries type="pie" query="qryGetResults" valuecolumn="numresp" itemcolumn="answerds" colorlist="#colors#">
</cfchart>

However when I run the page with the hotfix installed it fails with a Null Pointer Exception and indicates the the cfchartseries call is the line in question. It does this whether I specify the colorlist attribute or not. The query is not failing in either case, so I am pretty sure that the changes to CFCHART in the hotfix are causing the issue.

I am not sure how to submit a formal bug to Adobe, but figured at least this is a good start.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 30, 2007 4:45 PM   in reply to Sean Coyne
    Thank you.
    Issue # 67929 has been logged against this behavior.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 2, 2007 3:29 AM   in reply to Sean Coyne
    Could someone help me back out of Hotfix 2 I experienced the same and lost a whole weekend to Hotfix 2 Please could you have a look at my post in the Flash Integration and Rich Form's fora

Thanks

Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 2, 2007 2:07 PM   in reply to Sean Coyne
    If only it was that easy seancoyne

back without Hotfix 2 my newly reinstalled CFMX 7.02 doesn't support any of my previously working flash forms in any browser other than Firefox

:-((

The smiley above doesn't quite express how I feel at the moment

Even abobe's contact us page gives a 404 page not found error.

Still waiting for a call back from Tech Support

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2007 9:27 AM   in reply to LL@Work
    All, I have downloaded the latest update to CHF702002, and still receiving a null pointer exception.
    Exact Error: coldfusion.graph.Graph.getWebChartsContentXml(Grapgh.java:1258)

These charts worked prior to CHF702002... any insights??

V/r,
    Charles

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2007 11:45 AM   in reply to Sean Coyne
    Not sure if this has been noted, however, this issue appears to only affect pie charts, as our scripts that render bar-charts are still working.

-Charles

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points