• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

copying vector shapes from illustrator to fireworks

Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2013 Sep 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having an issue with Adobe CC Fireworks. Every time I try to copy a vector shape or an image from illustrator and paste it to fireworks, I get this error: " Alert can't open the illustration". I am running OS 10.8.4. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Sep 08, 2013 Sep 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following post offers a workaround/fix for Fireworks CS6 users having trouble opening or importing Illustrator files on the Windows 7 platform. I'm not sure if this applies to you or not:

http://blogs.adobe.com/fireworks/2012/08/workaround-for-illustrator-fi le-open-and-import-issue-in-f...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2013 Sep 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks groove25, but I'm not even sure how I can uninstall Quicktime from my Mac, as Apple won't allow it.

More details on my issue: I tried installing CC on my iMac (before I was trying to get it to work on my newly purchsed MacBookPro), and I still get the same error. I've tried several times to reinstall it to but the bug won't go away. This pretty much renders fireworks useless to me, and that's a huge dissappointment considering how expensive it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 27, 2013 Oct 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I also just updated Illustrator and can no longer copy paths from Ai to Fireworks. pretty useless apps now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've discovered that it must be a clipboard issue in Illustrator. I can actually drag and drop (not copy paste for some reason) vector shapes from Illustrator to Fireworks several times before I get the dreaded error.  If I accidently press "command+ v" then I will get the error and not even be able to drag and drop any longer. In either case I have to exit out of Illustrator in order to get the popup with the "clear clipboard" checkmark, which I then have to select before restarting the program. I tried to find a way to clear clipboard in Illustrator without having to exit out of it, but had no luck. All of this is extremely frustrating, especially for the price that CC costs, but at least I'm able get it to work for a while.

Hope this helps and please let me know if you find any other solutions to this issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

I simply deleted CC and using CS6. I have done the same with other CC apps that simply do not offer anything new accept headaches and frustration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2014 Mar 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the drag and drop and it didn't work for me.

The only thing that worked was saving as EPS. Just remember to select the EPS version CS6 or earlier, because the EPS CC won't work either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2014 Mar 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save the illustrator file as Illustrator CS6 file, and then open it with fireworks, works perfectly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2016 Jan 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot, Trijulio. It worked perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2014 Sep 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I was having the very same issue. I simply LOVE Fireworks (during all my professional life, since the g'old Macromedia times haha) and I won't give up on it any time soon. Such a BIG SHAME Adobe discontinued this great software

Anyway, my point here is to sum up the alternatives friends above listed. It's working quite well for me using Fireworks and Illustrator at the same time whenever needed:

COPY and PASTE WON'T WORK so:

1- Try to click the wanted vector on Illustrator and drag to the Fireworks document (so you need to leave opened both windows somehow side by side);

OR

2- Save the vector you want to import into Fireworks as EPS (CS6 or below, NOT CC) then you simply import it in Fireworks;

OR

3- Save the whole Illustrator file as CS6 (or below) and then open it from Fireworks.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2014 Nov 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me it was an error that happened when going from Adobe Illustrator CC to Adobe Fireworks CS6. Since Fireworks isn't being supported right now it is stuck in version 6 until the foreseeable future. So if you will save your vector files in Adobe Illustrator CS6 or earlier version as an EPS file you should have no trouble importing these to Fireworks. This issue has been resolved for me. I'd love to hear back if you experienced something different. Mine works great now in the land of happy icon bliss. Cheers friends, M.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2016 May 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another workaround for people with CC 2015 suite but not Illustrator 6;

1. copy and paste to Indesign

2. export as eps

3. this eps then opens in Fireworks for me

Thanks for everyone else's suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines