Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

need to get frutiger font

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2013 Oct 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm trying to edit a PDF document in Acrobat XI Pro and the font of the next is frutiger. However, I don't have frutiger in my selections of fonts. So my problem is that I can't add or edit text in the same font as the original text, and it ends up looking bad. Obviously, it knows what frutiger text is since it is able to display it, but I'm not sure where it's getting it from. It could be some folder on my harddrive other than the default font folder (C:\Windows\Fonts) or it could be imbedded in the file itself. I'm not sure.

In any case, I need the same frutiger font to be available to me in the font drop down menu. How can I get this font? Can I download it? Is there some folder it is likely to be in? Is there a way to extract it from the file itself?

Thanks for any forthcoming help.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 28, 2013 Oct 28, 2013

The PostScript name on the PDF's properties dialog will show which foundry it came from (e.g. FrutigerLT is the Linotype/Adobe original edition, FrutigerLTPro is from the Pro bundle)

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 28, 2013 Oct 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buy it like everyone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to buy it, but there is no way to know - until you have bought and installed it - whether it is the same Frutiger font that was used, or whether it is just ignored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The PostScript name on the PDF's properties dialog will show which foundry it came from (e.g. FrutigerLT is the Linotype/Adobe original edition, FrutigerLTPro is from the Pro bundle)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the responses.

Here's what I found under the fonts tab of the properties dialog:

20131028_210151.jpg

There seems to be 3 Frutiger-Roman fonts and 3 FrutigerLT-Bold fonts. I guess that's the Linotype/Adobe original edition. So I take it that's what I should look for when purchasing the font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 29, 2013 Oct 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Frutiger-Roman" is the Adobe Type Foundry font, see http://store1.adobe.com/cfusion/store/html/index.cfm?event=displayFont&code=FRUT10055000

"FrutigerLT-Bold" is the Windows TrueType variant of the standard family from Linotype, see http://www.fonts.com/font/linotype/frutiger/family

In reality the flavors of Frutiger are visually identical for normal text sizes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2013 Oct 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Dave,

It seems these fonts are obsolete. The first link isn't selling, and the second link is for $339.00 <-- waaaay too pricy for me.

Anyway, I think I'm going to go with arial; it comes extraordinarily close.

Thanks for all your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines