• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Captivate 7 on OSX 10.9?

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2013 Aug 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot get Adobe Captivate v7 to run on the developer preview of Mavericks 10.9 - is it compatible yet?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2013 Aug 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Welcome to Adobe Forums.

Adobe Captivate 7 is not tested and certified for MAC 10.9 yet.

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2013 Aug 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any time schedule? The fifth release of Maverick still disables Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2013 Aug 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

As of now, CP7 is not tested and certified on 10.9.

Let 10.9 release officially, then we can let you know about futher updates.

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2013 Oct 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

Is there any update on this, the Mavericks GM is available now and neither versions 6 or 7 work.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 07, 2013 Oct 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christopher

We are aware of this and working to resolve this . Stay tuned for an announcement from us .. the ETA is 6-8 weeks

Regards

Suresh Jayaraman

Captivate Engineering team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2013 Oct 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with the released version of OS X 10.9 using Captivate 5, will the update address that also?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update will be for Cp7.  I would not expect any earlier versions of Cp to be updated to work with Maverick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vikram,

Do you have an update on this situation, now that Mavericks has been released? I find it frustrating that there is no date given and little communication with users. Your colleagues over in CC sent email yesterday, informing of testing status/ known issues etc. I would expect something similar as a CP7 subscriber instead of having to dig around for it.

Thanks,

Oliver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2013 Oct 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Update to captivate 7 would happen in November last week which would resolve CP7 launch issue on MAC 10.9

We appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vikram,

Can you please clarify when you expect to have the update to Captivate 7 released? Did you mean the last week in November? I hope not.

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are expecting CP7 patch for launch issue on MAC 10.9 in next 2 weeks.

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2013 Oct 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my... this is not good. 6-8 weeks is a killer for my current projects. Never occurred to me that an Adobe product would be so unprepared for an OS update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very dissapointed in Adobe regarding this. 

I appreciate that with new operating systems comes challenges with getting products to work with them.  But, according to the staff posts above, this issue has been known since well before the release of Mavericks two days ago.

Why was this incompatibility not communicated to your userbase?  We all have email addresses in your system (which doubles as our AdobeID). A simple email blast explaining the incompatibility and to possibly hold off upgrading our Macs to the newest OS would have saved countless hours of non-productivity and possibly also some jobs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you kidding me? I made the switch from iSpring QuizMaker (Windows) to Adobe Captivate 7 when I switched from Windows to Mac.

I have enjoyed learning to use it, and today, in good faith, installed the new FREE OS X update to Mavericks. Now I attempt to run Captivate 7, run into problems, and then and only then, find this thread about the incompatibility of your software with OS X 10.9.

The first post in this thread was from August. We have come 6-8 weeks since Adobe was aware that they needed to do something to bring it into compatibility with the new OS X.

I agree with anthonyintertech that the company should have notified users of this compatibility issue. I needed to create a document TODAY. Now what am I going to do?

Extremely disappointed with Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find it amazing that a big company like Adobe can't release a working version 1-2 days after the release of the new Maverick. I'm a betatester myself and the Gold Master was out weeks ago. There was enough time.

The silly thing is that a lot of small util makers did came with an updated version of their utils, companies with less resources than Adobe. What secret do they have?

Anyway, in a tech savvy community like this one Adobe shouldn't say "we are aware of the problem, fix in 6-8 weeks". I expect more: I want to know the reason. I can live with an answer like

"The Captivate version doesn't support the new memory management. We have a learning curve here: allow us a few weeks to figure it out"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is ridiculous!  I have a subscription to Captivate! 6-7 weeks!  1) Why didn't Adobe send out an e-mail to users about the incompatibility 2) Do we get  a credit for the time that the software is unavailable. 3) How are developers supposed to work during this period!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing.

It didn't even occur to me that updating to 10.9 would break Captivate, since I switched to Mac in 2008 I've never had issues with updating to the new Mac OS.

I just spoke to Adobe support and they cannot provide a timeframe on when it might be compatible.  When I suggested that they should have notified customers so we could hold off on updating to 10.9, was told that they do notify customers via the fact that 10.9 is not listed on the system requirements page on their website!  The funny part is, the way the system requirements page is written implies that I should be able to run Captivate on my iPad!

Really disappointed in Adobe and the way that they have handled this.  It might be a good day for Articulate to offer some deep discounts on Storyline and snag a few customers.  Adobe obviously doesn't give a #### about Captivate users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree we should have warned the users not to upgrade to 10.9 unless we release an update , sorry about that. Update to captivate 7 would happen in November last week which would resolve 10.9 issue , Windows came with an update to 8 version as well and our users didnt face any issue we shall be more careful on Mac changes in future

Thanks

Suresh

Captivate Engineering team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the apology Suresh, it is appreciated. 

Suresh Jayaraman wrote: [...] Update to captivate 7 would happen in November last week which would resolve 10.9 issue

Do you mean that the update won't be out until the last week of November?

I realise that this is my fault and that I should know to check compatability of mission criticial software before updating an OS, but what's done is done and looks like I'll be working in a virual machine for the next little while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2013 Oct 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Considering that fact that I have never had a Mac OS upgrade issue with my Adobe products in the past, experience led me to not worry about checking with your website for compatiblity first. Fortunately, I was able to restore my system back to Mac OS 10.8 via Time Machine.

You know who your Captivate users are. I would have been a little sad to here I had to wait to upgrade, but I could have lived with it. At least I wouldn't have lost most of a work day upgrading, troubleshooting, and then downgrading.

Adobe's decision to keep quite about this has cost a lot of companies and individuals valuable time and money. It makes me wonder if I need to switch to Articulate Storyline.

In the future PLEASE be more open to your faithful customers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't bother with Articulate Storyline -- it is Windows only. I looked into this last night when I ran into the 10.9 issue. If I have to run software on a VM, I might as well stick with Captivate.

Nevertheless, I'm disappointed that Adobe wasn't more proactive with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Suresh.  Is Captivate 7 the only version being patched to work with Mavericks?

I was using 5.5 up until this week and now I'm completely out of luck unless I pay to upgrade to Captivate 7?  If so, I still think that is a bit unacceptable.  I paid almost a grand for this software and it's being "End of Lifed" in the span of less then 2 years (all revolving around the Mavericks issue).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cherylw1113 wrote:

2) Do we get  a credit for the time that the software is unavailable.

I'd be very suprised if this happened.  The software is still available and it was our choice to update the OS without first checking compatability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has become a problem for me too. I've never had problems with Adobe Apps by upgrading to the latest OSX. Naturally, I would want the newest OS on my computer. I understand the concept of software being incompatible with the newest release of OSX, but how can such a large company like Adobe let this happen.

Anybody know of a work around? I need to create some lessons today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources