• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Closing Framemaker via batch processing

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2013 Oct 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a batch mechanism running via Patternstream.  Everything is finally working well, except I can't get Frame to close on it's own once a report is complete.  Is this a registry or maker.ini issue?  I'm working with Frame 11 on Windows Server 2008 machines.  thanks! Al

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty sure that FM11 isn’t supported on a W2K8 server

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2013 Oct 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I see your suspicions are correct looking at the Adobe site.  No indication of a problem during the install process - strange.  I know of several instances of Frame 11/Server 2008 environments other than our own - so I suspect it's more a licensing thing than a technical thing.  In any case, thanks for the heads upp!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending upon how you're running your set-up, i.e. using an operator directly on the server vs submitting over a network, you may need to be using FrameServer to be license compliant.

The shutdown of FM should be triggered by PatternStream, so you probably need to take up this issue with Finite Matters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2013 Oct 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep, working with FML now on the issue.  No, we don't have an operator - so I have a call in to Adobe to ascertain the license ramifications.  Thanks for the feedback!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines