• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exit button doesn't work

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2007 Apr 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found that the exit control doesn't work on the playback control bar. All the other controls are find. The only other recorded problem I can find relates to Breeze. I have Captivate 2. Can anyone help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2007 Apr 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi suemcc49

Sorry, but I think we need just a wee bit more information here. How are you publishing your movie? Is it .SWF/.HTM format or is it .EXE?

What type of playback control are you using? One of the older .BMP based controls or one of the new .SWF based controls?

Perhaps with these answers we will better be able to assist you.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2007 Apr 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,
I'm afraid I am a non techie, but I have published as both .swf and .exe. the same problem occurs in both. The playback controls used are the ones provided within the skin so I couldn't tell you what they were. Presumable the new ones. Not sure this gives you very much more information!
Sue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick, Let me correct what I said before. I have published as .swf file. I have just tried publishing as exe and then the exit button works. Does this mean the exit button won't work in swf file?
Sue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sue --
When you say the Exit button "doesn't work," do you mean the window in which the movie is playing does not close?

If that is the case, are you playing your movie directly from the HTML file published with your movie -- or has it already been loaded into an LMS or some other type of content management system?

The reason I ask is that if the movie is opened as a "child" window by another application, the EXIT button often doesn't know how to find the window to close. (Sorry - holding back on the long technical explanation for you.) There's a minor fix for that sort of thing, but we'd need to know for sure whether that is the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2007 Apr 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick
Yes, the exit button dosn't close the window. I have to close via the X in top right hand corner. The movie is being played directly from the HTML file not through any management system.
Sue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2012 Oct 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I know this issue was a long time ago, but I am experiencing the same problem with a course that has been loaded into the LMS, the exit/close button on the playbar isn't working.  I am using Captivate 5.  I have published using AICC rather than SCORM, as there were some issues with the passing over of scores from the e-learning programme I'd built to the LMS which were resolved by using AICC.  The close/exit button however did work when it was originally published using SCORM!

I'm considering just removing the exit/close button on the programme and putting a message at the start and at the end to say just close browser window to exit the programme.

I'd be very grateful if anyone could advise if there is anything else anyone could recommend trying?

Thank you

Sarah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 05, 2007 Apr 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue,

For this functionality I attach a window.close() javascript to the button. Is there anyone working with you that can help you with writing a simple javascript into the HTML file?

TPK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2007 Apr 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for slow response - been away! Yes there is someone who could help write javascript.
Sue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2013 Mar 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

TPK

Is there more to the script than window.close() I'm having the same issue - and with a child window but this script doesn't work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources