• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PC Error: Raise without Handler!

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2013 Jun 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PC, Windows 7. I cannot open PDFs at all and receive the error message of "Raise without Handler!" I have uninstalled/reinstalled Acrobat and Reader. I have used the Clearner tool. I have also been on the phone with our company's IT support team for 2 days. No one knows how to fix this! Everyone says this is a MAC issue but I have a PC. Please help!!!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 14, 2013 Jun 14, 2013

I have never seen this message on Windows before.  But it could be just another form of Adobe Reader malfunctioning and closing, in which case I usually start with these three suggestions

1. Using Windows Explorer navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 11.0\Reader, then double-click on Eula.exe and accept the license agreement
  2. Can you open Adobe Reader by itself?  If so, try disabling Protected Mode [Edit | Preferences | Security (Enhanced)].
  3. It could even be a malware issue; see http://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/reader-core-dll-error.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please know that I have read through as much as I could find on your website and other blogs. I have followed the steps on the Reader page and tried other plugins (FileOpen). I have also gone back and "cleaned" every file or hidden file I can with your clearner tool. After reading everything, I saw something about creating an exception of DURING, HANDLER, END_HANDLER. It looks like this applies to Acrobat and not reader. If this does apply to Reader, I'm having a hard time understanding how to create or implement this exception. Is this the right direction? If so, please explain how to do this.

I work from home and very much need to resolve this. Please advise!! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your Reader version?

Does this happen with local or online documents?  If online, in what browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2013 Jun 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Pat-  Thanks for responding!! I had the most updated Reader on your website (since I have uninstalled all older versions). It happens with ALL documents - online or on my computer. I have tried opening them in Internet Explorer and Foxfire. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 14, 2013 Jun 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never seen this message on Windows before.  But it could be just another form of Adobe Reader malfunctioning and closing, in which case I usually start with these three suggestions

1. Using Windows Explorer navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 11.0\Reader, then double-click on Eula.exe and accept the license agreement
  2. Can you open Adobe Reader by itself?  If so, try disabling Protected Mode [Edit | Preferences | Security (Enhanced)].
  3. It could even be a malware issue; see http://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/reader-core-dll-error.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2013 Jun 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat- THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!!! Instructions #1 worked!!!!! I literally almost cried I was so happy!!! Thank you! I have been stressing about this for days!!

Have a wonderful day!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2013 Jun 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 17, 2014 Feb 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very helpful! thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2013 Nov 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much! I've done

Tips #1 is useful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 14, 2013 Nov 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

#1 worked for me as well.

I had uninstalled Adobe Photoshop after that i was getting this error(Raise without handler) in Adobe Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It worked for me too. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2013 Nov 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem, but just in my administrator acct.  My normal std. user acct. Adobe Reader was working fine.   Pat's number one hint worked great for me.  Thanks Pat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2016 Jan 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have the same error, but its for acrobat 11.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact issue on Mac. Request solution for Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines