• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can i create a multilingual website?

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2012 Jun 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created my website with Adobe Muse in Turkish.But i also want to add another language(English).There will be two buttons TR and EN,when you click on them,it will direct you to Turkish or English site.Do i have to create to master pages or what? I cannot solve the problem about this.I will be grateful for your answer.

Sincerely Yours.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 21, 2012 Jun 21, 2012

If your master page has content that would be different for both the languages i.e. Text, then you definitely need a separate set of Master pages to base your respective site pages on.

So, create a Master page for your Turkish pages and a Master page for your English pages. Place the TR and EN links on both the Master pages to direct to correct language's Home Page.

Thanks,

Vikas

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2012 Jun 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your master page has content that would be different for both the languages i.e. Text, then you definitely need a separate set of Master pages to base your respective site pages on.

So, create a Master page for your Turkish pages and a Master page for your English pages. Place the TR and EN links on both the Master pages to direct to correct language's Home Page.

Thanks,

Vikas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2012 Jun 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your interest.
But there is one last question,if you don't mind
I can link the pages but i cannot link the Master pages.
Is there any special way or is there something i cannot see?
Thanks a lot again.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2012 Jun 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You are right, you cannot link the master page.

As Vikas suggested, link to the home page that you create for individual language.

Regards,

Abhishek Maurya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2012 Aug 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, and for me this is a huge issue with adobe muse. Perhaps in the US a multilingual site seems farfetched, but when you live in a multilingual country it is essential to have a straightforward solution for this.

I would suggest adobe implements something like a translate button on every piece of text, and then after exporting creates the site in all languages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2012 Aug 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would recommend you to please add this to the ideas section over here, http://forums.adobe.com/community/muse/ideas

Regards,

Abhishek Maurya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2012 Dec 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you try linking a Home page which is made by using the right master page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2014 May 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, if anybody knows the answer it would be appreciated... After creating my second master template how do I then create another menu in a different language on that new master? I am stuck here since the menu is a reflection of the pages already created with the first Master. Let me explain this better...

I have 4 pages (HOME - ABOUT US - SERVICES - CONTACT) created using the A-Master English. Then I created a second Master template called "B-Master - French". I dragged the menu widget in place but it naturally gave me the names HOME - ABOUT US - SERVICES - CONTACT... I then tried choosing "manually" in the options drop-down menu for menu type (the little blue circle with the arrow) and then I got a box called "[Name]... So I entered my new name and did copy paste to get the other three menu buttons. Now what? I can't seem to get this right.

All I want is a home page with HOME - ABOUT US - SERVICES - CONTACT and the word FRANÇAIS underneath, which would link to the second Master with the menu in french. And the equivalent in french with the word ENGLISH underneath which would link to the first Master.

I have read many posts here about this topic, not 100% sure if somebody has perfected this, I know I am not the only one witht his dilemma.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2014 May 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Once you have created the manual menu buttons, you need to manually link the buttons with the desired pages using the Hyperlink box at the top. Also, since you would want those pages to take off from the English menu, you need to change the Menu Options for those pages to "Exclude from menu".

For providing a link for French and English, simple create a text box with the desired text and link it with the home page of corresponding versions of the home pages.

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers!

Aish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2014 May 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok great Aish I will try that! Thanks for the reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2014 Jun 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way someone can show the plan of this scenario with proper master pages? A visual snapshot would help alot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2014 Jun 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ciao elaineahn!

l'unico modo in cui io sono riuscito a fare un sito in multi lingua è quello di creare un sito "copia" nella seconda lingua, ciò vuol dire che ogni volta che fai una modifica nel sito originale, la devi fare anche nel sito della seconda lingua!!! il che non è molto comodo, ma è l'unico modo in cui io sono riuscito a farlo.

io ho fatto così, ti faccio un esempio su un mio sito, www.phksnow.com :

cartella che contiene il sito con la lungua principale con il file site phk.muse (la mia lingua principale è l'italiano!) e lanciando muse fai tutto il tuo sviluppo del sito, con le pagine master e le singole pagine, così il menù si sviluppa correttamente.

screenshot1.jpg

poi ho creato la cartella en che contine una copia del sito, che ho chiamato site phk-en.muse, con il sito in lingua inglese

screenshot2.jpg

Poi per passare da una lingua all'altra non ho fatto altro che mettere come i link corretti alla bandiera che mi manda da una lingua all'altra nelle pagine master!!

se sono in ITA il link all'homepage EN sarà en/index.html

screenshot3.jpg

se sono in EN il link all'homepage ITA sarà ../index.html 

screenshot4.jpg

perdona se non ti ho scritto in inglese, usa il traduttore

se qualcosa non ti è chiaro, scrivimi e cercherò di esserlo di più!!

buona lavoro

ciaooooo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2014 Jul 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Toni

If I understand correctly, I need to make a site in english and then copy it as a new file and just translate the copy into spanish and have a link going back and forth between them?

It seems to be a lot easier than trying to have master 1 spanish and master 1 english, and each page copied with a diferent name in the same file which is what I was trying to do, but ran into issues with the menu's

Is there anything that I should do diferent when I FTP my site? since it is 2 files?

Thank you

Luis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 07, 2014 Jul 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the information!

now I try and let you know

ciao Marco

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2014 Jul 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This widget Works beatifully, it is perfect for multilingual although it is

not a perfect translation, I adjusted the spanish versión so the meaning of

the words work for both

Thank you Gem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2014 Jul 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, this was the answer to my question, I am still not understanding why, if you have this widget, why are others trying to duplicate the master and the site and buttons, etc (maybe buttons)@

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2014 Jul 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree juganda04. But I must admit I'm quite new into Muse, and now really understand the big thing with understanding and planning the hierarchy. So happy and pleased now and the customer is really satisfied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ciao Luis,

in order not to have problems with the menu (and ita en) I did before the site in Italian and then I copied and placed in a folder that contains the same site in English.
FTP you will need to publish the site to the main language in the root folder for the second language, you will need to publish the second site in the folder that will contain all the site a second language.
example:

www.luis.com (main language, Italian for me) - site_luis.muse - = FTP root directory
www.luis.com (English) - site_luis-en.muse - FTP = en \

en = folder in which you publish the second language

I have been clear enough?

if you have any doubts write!

good luck

ciao Marco

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tuto bene Marco

Sorry about Italy in Brasil, Mexico is out also

Grazie per la informazzione,

Bona Cera

Luis

I think I wrote in italian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2013 Jan 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the answer, I had the same problem.

One thing that is still a mystery to me is how do I create a menu in the other language?

So when i'm at the "English site" the menu apperas in English, and when I press on italian (for example) the menu apears *only* in Italian.

Thanks in advance,

Tom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2013 Nov 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ciao Tom,

sei riuscito a risolvere il problema del multi lingua??

come hai costruito la struttura per avere due menù differenti?

un salutone

Marco

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Vikas.Sharma

Would you be so kind helping me with a quick sketch for the hierarchy and also visualize how it's linked?

//Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a demo published site: http://multilingualsite.aphotographer.in/index.html

The source muse file with MasterPage and Page Structure is available here: http://multilingualsite.aphotographer.in/assets/MultiLanguageSite.muse

Fairly simple structure (restructured hierarchy since it won't affect my menus - as my menus are in Manual Mode). Let me know if there are any queries.

Cheers,

Vikas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ciao Vikas

thanks for the info!
  I tried to download the file. muses and from your link, but I always just throw on this site and will not let me download anything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines