• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with Captivate 7

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2013 Jun 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded earlier today and just noticed that smart shape buttons do not work in the HTML5 version. I had noticed recently that the smart shape fills did not appear in the HTML5 version published from Captivate 6.1, but at least the buttons worked there. Any ideas? Thanks in advance, Ron Pfeffer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's strange, I just verified and smart shape works for me on CP7 as button.

What action have you applied.

Could you do some more tests and share your results :

1) Create a New Project add another button and publish it again, both SWF and HTML5 and check results on each

2) Test using Different browsers compatible to HTML5 (Google Chrome, IE9 etc)

3) Add the project location to Global Flash Player Security settings.

4) Test the output on another machine.

Thanks,

Anjaneai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anjaneai-

Thank you for the quick reply!

I tested the HTML5 output in both Chrome and Firefox. Most of the slides were blank in firefox.

I will do the additional testing you suggest and report back.

Thanks again,

Ron Pfeffer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tested as you suggested by creating a new project with smart shape buttons. Works fine in SWF version, but the smart shape button functionality does not work in the HTML5 version with Chrome.

What do you think?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ron,

Could you please share the answer with some more details?

Like I asked, what action have you applied there?

Did you try 3) and 4)?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I won't be able to test on another machine until I get home later. Haven't messed with yet with the Global Flash Player Security settings as the problem is with the HTML5 version not the Flash version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yes, my bad, I forgot you have only HTML5 package not flash.

Let me know if that works on new project and another machine whenever you get a chance.

Thanks,

Anjaneai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

some interesting results....

original Cp7 HTML5 output

on Dell laptop-

Chrome - after careful testing I discovered that most smart shape buttons work. The problem is that they are not responsive throughout the entire smart shape area.

on HP desktop-

Chrome- works flawlessly

IE10 - smart shape fills show but buttons do not work

Firefox - mostly blank slides

new file with 4 slides each with a smart shape button to advance to next slide

on Dell laptop-

Chrome - buttons do not work

Firefox - blank slides

on HP desktop-

Chrome - does not work

Firefox - blank slides

IE10 - does not work

I'm delighted that my 94 slide course works flawlessly in Chrome on my desktop computer, but can't figure out what the problem is with same on my Dell laptop. It is perplexing that the new test project didn't work in any browser on either computer.

Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 07, 2013 Jun 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems strange.

Could you please share me the project (Source CPTX) So that we can test the file and verify the reason for this.

Please share us the files on the email -- tcssup@adobe.com

Thank you,

Anjaneai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2013 Jun 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Am having the same problems with Captivate 7 outputting to HTML5 where smart objects are setup as buttons but dont work when viewd on an android device in the browser. Any progress oin theis issue? (Works fine on desktop browsers)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2013 Jul 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue as well.  Also the text area widget is not working when published to HTML5. Has any progress been made on this? I am having the problem on the desktop browser myself. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 02, 2013 Jul 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jessica,

Is your text area widget's timing set to Rest of Project?

Are you using any other widget or interaction with its timing set as Rest of Project?

Regards,

Haridoss

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2013 Jul 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you sent the files on email?

Let us know your contact details so that we can help you out

Thanks,

Anjaneai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2013 Jul 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

My name is Dane. We have just produced some interactive resource using Cap 7 and used smartshapes as buttons. All works fine on desktop. Try it on ipad and none of the smartshape buttons work which is infuriating. Any suggestions please?? This all worked fine in Cap 6. We have clients waiting for these resources.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2013 Jul 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You meant to say the same HTML5 output works fine on desktop and are not working in Ipads. If it is the case then please share the .cptx project with us so that we can investigate the issue at our end. Please upload the project to a shared workspace (Acrobat.com) and send me the link to nsukumar@adobe.com

Thanks,

Nimmy Sukumaran.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2013 Jul 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was also having an issue with Smart Buttons not working on my desktop, except in Safari. Chrome is the WORST offender. The labels don't show at all. In IE, the lables show, but the buttons don't work.

BUT I was inspired by this discussion and I turned off SCALABLE CONTENT. Low and behold! It works in Chrome, Safari, and IE.

It does not play at all in Firefox. The audio doesn't play in Opera. and I do not have an Ipad any more to test it on, which is a bummer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2013 Aug 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI!

So still no solution? This is very annoying!

How the heck can i get smart shape buttons to work as scalable html 5?

Adobe pls, someone?

Can you at least say "yes we are aware of this issue and are working on it"?

This is really a showstopper for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 12, 2013 Aug 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are working on it and someone would contact you in a day !

-SJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2013 Sep 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having this Problem. When working with Smart Objects and publish to HTML5 the Slides with Smart Objects are blank in Firefox. We need a solution for the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 18, 2013 Sep 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Suresh,

Thank you for looking into this issue. I am having the same problem as Patrick and many of the other people on this page who have flagged this bug. I am currently working on producing an e-learning module and it all works fine in Chrome, Safar on Mac/PC (slides, animation, audio, video, pop-up), except when I open it in Firefox. In my case I am very much experienceing the same problem as the others on this page: I open the exported HTML5 file in Firefox and I am presented with a blank page. As you cannot have pop-ups without smart shapes (or custom made navigation for that matter) it is hard not to use them and still produce an interactive, custome designed app.

I can share the source file with you if you think this could be of any help. Since more than 23% of people on the web use Firefox it is hard to ignore this bug. A patch release which solves this problem would be very much appreciated by the Captivate community!

I am using Captivate 7, version 7.0.0.118 with smart shapes present in the project, and when I publish I choose the output format option as HTML5 only.

Please help, the deadline for our project is near, and I am getting desperate for a solution!

Thank you in advance,

Sonia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sonia

You can send the project to my emal - sjayaram@adobe.com.

The problem reported in this thread has to do with Smart shape as button + Scalable HTML 5 option checked content playback . Are you also having the same combination ? 

Regarding the FF issue , I am not sure about the version . You can check the HTML5 compatibility of your browser using http://html5test.com/

Thanks

Suresh J

Captivate Engineering ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am using Smart shape as button, but when I'm publishing my project I do not check the Scalable HTML 5 option. So when I publish my project I just check the HTML5 option. Képernyőfotó 2013-09-18 - 16.29.32.png

I used the link provided, and tested my Firefox version and I got 414 points out of 500. I am using the latest version of Firefox (24.0) by the way.

I will send you my project straight away. Thank you for looking into this issue.

Előd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok , please do send it through Drop box if the file size is large or you send it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2013 Oct 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this issue been addressed yet?  I am having the same problem with the scalable HTML5 option and smart shapes as buttons on my iphone and ipad.  I can send you my captivate project file if needed.

Geoff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2013 Oct 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it has not yet been addressed.  We're all waiting on Adobe to release a patch or an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources