• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF 10 developers edition not showing CSS

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2013 Nov 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed CF10 dev edition, wtih internal web server on my laptop and desktop. Both 64 bit win 7 and did the servery updates.

Laptop sees css file, while the desktop does not - same code base.

I have reinstalled CF10 on desktop, but it did not fix the problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Sam.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 05, 2013 Nov 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be due to Directory permission issue with the user. Here in the below URL it is described how to solve it.

http://coldfusion-tip.blogspot.com/2013/10/you-do-not-have-permission-to-view-this.html

If your issue is something different then please see the HTTP response of your CSS page loading by using firebug then you will get more information about the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 05, 2013 Nov 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming this as a Windows / IIS / CF10 environment since it wasn't specified.

Clear the browser cache and then reload the resources.  Is this actual CSS or is it LESS/SASS (if the latter, ensure the source code is 100% valid or the preprocessor can choose not to apply ANY styling)

Using Chrome's Inspector (F12) and check under the Network Tab (you may have to reload the page).  Ensure that the .CSS file is returning a 200.  If it's returning any other code, let us know what it is.

If you're using a toolbar, ensure that disabling of CSS styles is not enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2013 Nov 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upen - thanks I tried that but to no avail.

Aegis:

I did specify - and that i have the code base on two diffrent machines with diffrent results.

One works one does not.

AND I used the built in server so there is no IIS running on either machines (at least no IIS control panel i can find).

I put a simple html page in the root and it does not find it either, 404's.

It only seems to find cfm pages.

(reinstalled several times btw).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help me understand here.

You do NOT have IIS, which knows how to process HTML files and serve them up.  But you have installed CF as standalone (port 8500 by default).  Now, to my knowledge, CF serves CF-related files.  I don't know whether it's designed to handle HTML.  So if you place a .cfm file and a .html file into its root and navigate out to both of them, CF usually only is invoked if the file extension is a .cfm file (It is an application server, not a web server).  It would make sense that CF cannot "see" the index.html.

Now, I know this is about seeing a .CSS file, but I'm wondering if we're having in essence the same problem.  You want the CSS file to be SERVED, but CF is just an application server, not a web server,  CF could read the contents of the CSS file, but again, it's not a web server, I don't think it will serve the file to the browser.

For clarification, what do you mean by that a laptop "sees" the CSS file?  It's one thing if you tell a browser to manually OPEN a HTML/CSS file and you direct it to the location of a file.

Also, what is the URL you are using to call this CSS file?

http://localhost:8500/filename.css ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an application and on the laptop it reders the page with the styles listed in the css file.

On the desktop it does not. If I try to display the css file with

http://localhost:8500/filename.css it gives a 404 file not found.

The instalation was with the built in web server.

One thing I am going to try is to just copy the cf10 direcrtory from the laptop and replace the directory on the desktop.

If that does not work I will probably install appache and use that as the web server (it's what we do at work.)

And I am not saying I don't have ISS, I am saying that it does not show up in services.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to Confirm: When we are copying files into to web root of cf10 installation. Your css file directly under web root "C:\ColdFusion10\cfusion\wwwroot\filename.css" or

in "C:\ColdFusion10\cfusion\wwwroot\{Some Directory}\filename.css"

If second one is your case then you have to add your directory name in URL before file name:

Like: http://localhost:8500/{Some Directory}/filename.css

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upen, in both cases 404. I tried moving the file around first - silly, I know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the css file available on your Desktop at C:\ColdFusion10\cfusion\wwwroot\?

Can you create a test.cfm page. Paste the belwo code in it and save the file.

<cfoutput>This is a test CFM page</cfoutput>

Try to access the file http://localhost:8500/test.cfm and share the outcome.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anit. CFM file created in C:\ColdFusion10\cfusion\wwwroot and viewable in http://Localhost:8500/test.cfm

Also a plain html file in root also viewable.

The CSS file in root - not viewable.

I Did copy the ColdFusion10 directory from the laptop to the desktop and no difference.

What I think I will have to do is setup Apache as the web server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible for you to share the css and the file using the same.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2013 Nov 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I want to thank everyone for their help.

The problem was the mapping names. The internal server, tomcat, is case sensitive. So if the mapping is  C:/ColdFusion10/cfusion/wwwroot/stringdae/   (/stringdae)

then the actual folder name better BE "stringdae" and not "stringDae".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation