• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat XI Outlook 2013 plug-in problems

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2013 Nov 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Outlook 2013 installed on my computer and just downloaded Acrobat XI.  According to some web searches, I should get an Adobe PDF pull-down tab inside Outlook, but there is nothing there.  When I go to Outlook Options/Add-Ins the PDFMaker plug-in is shown as inactive.  When I try to make it active I get this error message:

"Not loaded.  A runtime error occurred during the loading of the COM Add-in"

Does anyone know how to fix this?  Thanks.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 08, 2013 Nov 08, 2013

I called Adobe and realized that I was missing an update.  I downloaded that and everything is running properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2013 Nov 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this 64-bit Outlook?  If so, this solution (post #30) may help: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5620222#5620222

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Creating, Editing & Exporting PDFs Acrobat sub-forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I called Adobe and realized that I was missing an update.  I downloaded that and everything is running properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2015 Aug 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar issue with a new installation of Outlook 2013 and Acrobat X in a Windows 7 Pro OS (64bit).  I cannot load the Acrobat Add-in to Outlook although it shows in the "Inactive" programs.  I get the message: " A runtime error occurred during loading of the COM Add-in."  I went into the Acrobat software updates and downloaded 10.1.15, but there was no change.  Do all of the other updates from 10.1.01 on up have to be added too before the Add-in feature will work in Outlook?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Acrobat X is not compatible with Office 2013. You need to upgrade to 11.0.1 or higher to use it with Office 2013.

Thanks

Tanvi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I have the same problem with Outlook 2016.

Acrobat Pro XI v. 11.0.13 installed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first version of Acrobat to support Outlook 2016 (and for that matter, any Office 2016 application) directly for creation of PDF is Acrobat DC. You will need to upgrade for that support.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2015 Nov 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Dov,

thank you very much.

I do not think I really need Acrobat DC, because I am not interest in cloud computing. So I would prefer to keep to my XI, and spare Euro 291,68 and the nightmares of upgrading.

Unfortunately Microsoft (Office 365) ha updated my Office from 2013 to 2016. I am going to try to reverse it, but I am afraid it is going to be very hard.

I am quite embarrassed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines