• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 8 install

Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2012 Aug 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can Cold Fusion 9 or 10 be successfully installed on Windows 8?

I have a fresh install of Windows 8 with IIS 8. There are no other applications. When I install Cold Fusion 9 or Cold Fusion 10 (with admin rights), I get the same error:

This Application has Unexpectedly Quit Invocation of this Java Application has caused an Invocation TargetException. this application will now exit. (LAX)

Details...

ZeroGur: Windows DLL failed to load

at ZeroGa4.b(DashoA10*..)

at ZeroGa4.b(DashoA10*..)

at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.b(DashoA10*..)

at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.a(DashoA10*..)

at com.zerog.ia.installer.Main.main(DashoA10*..)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

at com.zerog.lax.LAX.launch(DashoA10*..)

at com.zerog.lax.LAX.main(DashoA10*..)

I've reinstalled Windows 8 several times. One time I installed Java with the latest CF Eclipse with no problems. The JVM runs nicely in Win 8.

Message was edited by: heetj - When I unrar and run adobe_cf.exe in win 7 compatibility mode (admin elevated), I get an error log that says: # A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment: #  EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x000007fdb39c5131, pid=984, tid=2736

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2012 Aug 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Win8 is not supported with CF9 and CF10.

Reference: http://wwwimages.adobe.com/www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/products/coldfusion/pdfs/cf10/coldfusi...

Haivng said that, LAX errors are generally related to the registry issues. So, can you please try running the Windows Installer Clean Up utility--> and then re-starting the server to observe the behavior? {can't commit on CF 9/CF10 successfull installation}.

HTH.

Rg,

Spsb84

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, spsb84, for your reply.

I'm afraid the application doesn't get far in the install. Specifically, the InstallAnywhere progress bar comes up, almost finishes a first pass, then I get the application exception. I'm trying to install ColdFusion_9_WWEJ_win64.exe, but the ColdFusion_10_WWEJ_win64.exe install executable does the very same thing. CF does not appear as an installed product in the Windows Installer Clean Up, so I can't clean it up. There is no CF directory on the C: drive either, and no files are unpacked.

As an interesting side note, I installed CF9 on Win 7 (base install), then I did an OS upgrade to Win8, and CF9 works great! I just can't installCF9 or 10 onto Win8 (only onto Windows 7). The CF server/JRUN works as expected on Win 8 after the upgrade. I took this desperate measure because I have outstanding client jobs to complete. I know, it's crazy to develop on a release preview, but someday soon folks will wanna develop on Win 8 and IIS 8. It's a great OS and CF should install here, imho. (:

Do you, or anyone, know if I can run the CF install in debug mode? Windows even logs show nothing...

InstallAnywhereProgressBar.jpg

CF9InstallError.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I was able to get CF10 up and running on Server 2012 by placing the installer's JRE folder.  I'm willing to bet the same works for Windows 8

Maybe give it a try?  I outlined my steps in a blog post at http://thefusionator.com/index.cfm?blogID=2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Thanks for sharing your updates and associated links.

We understand the need of Win8~~IIS8 in the near future and will surely take necessary steps.

But, at this stage all we can state is that: CF 9/CF 10 is not supported on Win8/Win2k12.

HTH.

Rg,

Spsb84

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 04, 2012 Dec 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) How long was the prerelease version of Windows 8 out, ie how much time was there to put together an installer that works?  My guess: plenty.
2) Railo installs on Win8 just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 20, 2012 Dec 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there still no option available to install CF10 on Windows 8? I see these promises of support that are 6 months old. What's up?

I tried to follow workarounds above, but found no entires for CGI-bin and ISAPI-dll in my IIS Handler Mappings list. So... I'm dead in the water until I can get some much needed assistance. I'm new to Windows 8 and CF10, so... Support Staff, where are you when a long term customer needs HELP!!!!

THANX,

GBS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 21, 2012 Dec 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to add it manually if you don't see it.  If you look up articles on previous versions for the IIS setup, it is mostly similiar.  I finally got it to work with what I read on the person's blog article plus just from my past trials and tribulations of installing prior ColdFusion versions. 

If you are still having issues, post.  I'll try to help since I went through hell and beyond convincing myself to get it to work on Win 8 64bit, which I eventually did. :-).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 26, 2012 Dec 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK... Thanx in advance for any help you can supply!

I was able to replace the jre in the CF10 install as instructed, so the newest version of the jdk and the CF10 install went to completion seemingly successfully as per 'little mike's' instructions above, (the Fusionator article is really good, but I'm too underskilled to take it from there and make it work.) That's when I started running into difficulty.

> First... setting up the CGI-exe and ISAPI-dll handlers in IIS. I'm lost. Never done it before.

I get into the "Handlers" tab, then I'm bombarded with too many options and can't make heads or tails of them. I need a STEP by STEP set up procedure.

> Is there anything I need to do to setup/run Apache given this CF10/IIS implementation?

> CF is set up under C:, yet inetpub (webroot) seems to also have been set up at location C:  Is that right?

> The root IIS default page loads when Explorer looks at http://localhost, but nothing seems to redirect to the C:\ColdFusion10\inetpub root, and no .cfm modules display. The error just says can't find that page under C:\inetpub (i.e. the IIS webroot). What's wrong? Can't get the initial CF administrator page to load. Is it in the wrong web root directory? Do I need to reinstall CF10?

As I said before, thanks for any help.

GBS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 27, 2012 Dec 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are a beginner, I am not sure why you are starting out with in a development environment where the operating system is not fully supported as of yet.  I think you should at least start out with an environment where it is for now officially working.  A lot of the issues you are having and answers you are looking for seems to revolve around the IIS setup which can be found in old CF9 and CF8 IIS setup how-tos on the internet.  If after that, you are still having issues, post here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 27, 2012 Dec 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a beginner. Just a real dolt when it comes to super low level configuration workarounds. Once the environment is going I can hold my own. Never had to fool with this level of garbage at setup time in the past. Thanks for responding zadi1... looks like I need to wait for some official Adobe Windows 8 support.

C'mon Adobe CF team... what's the word on when the official install for Windows 8 will be available? In September the official line was 3-5 months. Sept. Oct. Nov. Dec. ... uh, it'll be January in a couple days. What's the outlook for Windows 8 support within your own timeline?

GBS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2012 Dec 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi chaps, to second GCSMITH60 above: I'm not a CF beginner - been working with it almost 10 years - and I have had Windows servers for our studio for a while too, but there's simply a gap in my knowledge and something isn't working (Windows 2012 install). I've followed the instructions on the Fusionator as best I can, but I'm lost. ZADI1 or anyone else - it would really be appreciated if someone would take the time to fill in some of those gaps and do a walkthrough vid or something.

Kind regards, Henry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 01, 2013 Jan 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

6 months....

I think I'll say what everyone else is thinking. Time for adobe to get off their ***

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 01, 2013 Jan 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

6 months....

I think I'll say what everyone else is thinking. Time for adobe to get off their ***

Steady on there mate. It's not like we've only been thinking it. We've been saying it too 😉

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2013 Jan 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is simply crazy that installing to Win 7 / 2008 works fine, and then upgrading to Win 8 / 2012 from there still works fine - but it's simply an installer that doesn't run that is the problem. I mean, I'm no Adobe engineer - but how difficult is it to create a new installer? Can they not simply put a couple of guys on it for a week or two and be done with it? It simply cannot be that hard when the underlying code works fine fundamentally.

If anyone took it upon themselves to reverse engineer things / produce a third party installer I'm sure they'd be shouted at for 'piracy' or something - but that's pretty much what we need eh!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2012 Aug 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great blog post, Little_Mike! Simple and very informative. My response here may be premature, but I wanted you to know how great I thought your instructions were. Trying to install CF9 on my Win8 machine, the install did not create the wsconfig directory (C:\ColdFusion9\runtime\lib\wsconfig) with its DLLs. The CF server won't start because the executables can't be found. I'm going thru your blog post again because I'm sure there may be permissions issues or something I've overlooked. Like I said, this is premature. I am a CF nube and need to look around. But I'm very encouraged that the install worked! Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2012 Aug 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great to hear that it worked.  You may need to copy the WSCONFIG file from an up-and-running CF box.  I posted the DLLs for CF10 on the blog, but they are different for CF9.  Once you get the files copied over, you should be all set

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2012 Nov 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now got CF9 up and running perfectly on Windows 8. I followed Little_Mike's useful post (make sure you check both the Windows Version issue and Permissions issue in the troubleshooter so that it installs with Aministrator Permissions). Install it. Then, and here's the minor caveat, I copied over my ColdFusion9 folder from my previous installation. It seems that the standard installation doesn't create some files properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 21, 2012 Nov 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone here have the instructions Little_Mike posted on his blog at hand to post here?  I'm on this same problem but his site thefusionator.com is down 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2012 Dec 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Site is back up now - but I'm stuck making the app mappings in IIS - can anyone run through this and take a feew screenshots of the key screens? thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 27, 2013 Jan 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replacing the jre folder doesn't quite work for Windows 8. I read Little_Mike's article and followed the steps and it still didn't work. But the solution was pretty simple. You just have to run the installer as the administrator.

When you right click on the installer file, one of the options is 'run as administrator', choose that and the installation doesn't give you any problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 11, 2013 Nov 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The lnk, although reported as useful by several parties, is now broken.  Please can you post the information direct on this site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2014 Dec 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello you can access an archive link of the instruction above maybe this will help someone The Fusionator - The Trifecta - ColdFusion 10, SQL & Server 2012 - by MASIII

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2015 Dec 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This works with installing CF-9 on a Windows Server 2008 R2.

https://web.archive.org/web/20130317200205/http://thefusionator.com/index.cfm?blogID=2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation