• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anchored button in the help pages?

Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2013 Nov 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to add an achored button to appear at the top of the page on the right on select pages. Can I do this with Adobe Air?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2013 Nov 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you have asked in the wrong place. Click the Discussions breadcrumb above.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Where do you suggest I post? I don't think I'm in the wrong place (AdobeAir Help is where I want to be.)11-12-2013 6-09-17 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps I misunderstood. What is the button to do?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want the button/object anchored on the top right so when the user scrolls down, the button stays at the top of the text as the user scrolls down - the button/object can be clicked whether at the top, middle or bottom of the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I understand what an anchored button is. I believe they will require either a div tag or some javascript and for that reason I suspect you will not be able to achieve that in AIR Help. Not saying you cannot, simply setting an expectation. You would need to Google possible methods and then try.

The reason I asked what the button would do is to see if that was likely to require javascript as well. You have only said where the button will appear, not what it will do when clicked. If it is a Back to Top, then if you can find a way of anchoring the button, then applying a link where the URL is a hashtag would give you back to top.

Overall though, I think the biggest challenge is getting javascript to work in AIR Help.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the input, Peter. I'll look for a fix/workaround for this online. It's such a cool feature, hopefully I can find out how to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp