• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there an easy way to create or import tables into muse

Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2012 Apr 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to create a website that used tables for things like league tables and results, but I need an easy way of placing them into muse.

I've had a go at creating tables in dreamweaver and importing the resulting html and i've created tables in Indesign and imported them as jpegs, but this obviously then does not allow me to edit on the fly.

Can anybody help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Apr 20, 2012 Apr 20, 2012

This one has come up before on the other forum many times, and as yet there is no way to import editable tables directly in Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one has come up before on the other forum many times, and as yet there is no way to import editable tables directly in Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Morgan is correct. Muse does not currently offer the ability to create tables. You would need to create your table outside of Muse and use Object > Insert HTML to add it to your page. Please create an idea topic (http://forums.adobe.com/community/muse/ideas) for adding tables so the community can vote.

Best regards,

Corey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 24, 2012 Apr 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm. then what are we expecting in 1.0 release of Muse if for four months this important request is not showing up as a possible feature as part of Muse release surprises.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Developers rarely introduce new features during a public beta. This period is for resolving bugs, not fulfilling feature requests. If a new feature was to be added, it would need to go through additional beta testing. The Muse team does not have the time. They are already behind. What you see now (and what you have seen for 6 months) is roughly what you will get as a retail product, hopefully with less bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a suggestion for tables in the "ideas" forum but it was recently yanked by a overly zealous forum moderator instead of censoring the individual abusive posts contained within. A new poll (with a reset count of just 1) appears here:

http://forums.adobe.com/ideas/1618

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2012 Oct 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe muse same or similar to the netobjects fusion but netobjects already using tables and rich gadgets

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate all the views, it just surprises me that with all these capabilities already built into indesign, that adobe cannot migrate options such as tables over to muse, which claims you can "Create websites as easily as you create layouts for print. You can design and publish original HTML pages to the latest web standards without writing code".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2012 Apr 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at Adobe's CS6 release, it seems as though you may be able to create work directly in Indesign and save for web, will this be a way of producing tables instead?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 26, 2012 Apr 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DAndrews1969 wrote:

Looking at Adobe's CS6 release, it seems as though you may be able to create work directly in Indesign and save for web, will this be a way of producing tables instead?

Where did you find that? Can you share the link. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well I've since found out that CS5.5 exports pages from indesign to html, but the link I was reading about CS6 was as follows:

http://www.adobe.com/products/indesign/features.html

I tried exporting a table from 5.5 but it doesn't seem to recognise the specific column spaces I have set up, hopefully 6 will have improved on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DAndrews1969 wrote:

well I've since found out that CS5.5 exports pages from indesign to html, but the link I was reading about CS6 was as follows:

http://www.adobe.com/products/indesign/features.html

I tried exporting a table from 5.5 but it doesn't seem to recognise the specific column spaces I have set up, hopefully 6 will have improved on this.

We hope so. From my experience with indesign cs5.5. The export to HTML feature does not maintain the layout of an indesign document. You will require a developer with knowledge of HTML to style accordingingly in DW. I don't think this is an intended workflow by Adobe. Until then I dont think Muse or Indesign will export to HTML while maintaining the integrity of the layout design including adaptive fluid layout support. The closest the Adobe team have been able to do is to export to epub format.

My observation, Adobe should have given print designers option of exporting indesign files to Muse(With support for fluid/adaptive layout just as the export to epub format is supported). That way the fear of killing another tool in the Adobe bouquet won't arise. Something like 'Export to Muse' in Indesign cs6 would have been the killer. Why? Web design trend is converging with print design metaphor. I think Adobe should be leading that trend now. Tomorrow might be too crowded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone. You can bring tables into Muse. You just have to do the heavy lifting with Dreamweaver to set it up and create your formatting for the text in the tables, etc.

Here's a live example of one we did for a menu: http://tommyspizzapub.com/pizza.html

The HTML for the table is preceded by the CSS for styling in the HTML object box.

We keep the DW page with the client files if modification is ever needed.

A real good idea would be for Muse to allow "live" import of HTML documents connected to their own CSS stylesheets and then of course bring them along on export or upload to the BC system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2014 Feb 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a table in Dreamweaver on a page I created with Muse.

The borders inside my table are not shown, Only the outer border of the table shos up.

What do I have to do to get all the borders in my table?

Markus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

topelovely wrote:

...My observation, Adobe should have given print designers option of exporting indesign files to Muse(With support for fluid/adaptive layout just as the export to epub format is supported). ...Something like 'Export to Muse' in Indesign cs6 would have been the killer...

Adobe already tried this type of killing with InDesign->GoLive.

http://creativesuitepodcast.com/webpage/in_design_to_html_via_go_live

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe already tried this type of killing with InDesign->GoLive.

http://creativesuitepodcast.com/webpage/in_design_to_html_via_go_live

Marian, you gave me some nostalgic moments again. I remembered how efficient GoLive was. Ha! Adobe! Why? Why? Maybe Adobe will return that button to indesign cs6 'as package for Muse' when Muse is finally release and as an indesign cs6 update in record time. Thanks Marian. I hope someone is listening

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2013 Jan 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are publishing your Muse website to Business Catalyst, the best thing to do is create a template in Muse, put in a placeholder for body text. Then, add the html to the specific page that you want the table on. Then, you can edit directly in Business Catalyst and publish edits live more quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2013 May 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a table in excel, saved as a web page and then imported the HTML - kept boarders everything exactly how I wanted and easy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2013 Aug 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try making them with imported HTML (http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_tables.asp) and then Object>Insert HTML...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2013 Oct 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also used Excel. I created a table in excel, used Format As Table for styling, then Saved As a one page website file, then used Insert HTML in Muse and it worked perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2014 Sep 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I try to create a table in your way. Could you help me? I save table as HTML and now it opens as a web page. Where I can that html code for the table to paste into Muse? I am never worked with code so do not how to do this (

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 25, 2014 Sep 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vasdom,

In Safari you chose (Entwickler), might be "Developer" or something like this. In the German Version it is the six th from left. There you chose (Seitenquelltext), so it might something like Code, Source Code or Page source.

This Code can be copied and pasted into muse. The code from your html, created out of Open Office or Word could also be embedded directly into muse but it looks much better with embedding the single webpage.

I did ask the same question in the german forum as well. They did as of this reading do not really know how to help. From there I found a workaround from Open Office and "send" as html.

This is the recommended way to do. I tried right now to "export" as html. In Open Office I was directed through some settings including pdf, which I all denied.

But the result was a pdf file that, once this file was directly opened with Adobe Reader, was readable as text (copy and paste was possible). Paste the file with drag and drop into muse leads only to a file inside the elements palette,

which says there is something to upload. Don`t know what happens with this.

In the german version of the forum I added the idea of some tabs, tiny mcd, to add tabs.

Feel free to ask, if you think I can help. I guess (and this is really not fair from ADOBE) you have to do all settings, colours, paddings and stuff inside Open Office or Word, so far. Very poor from ADOBE.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2014 Oct 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vasdom,

Did you get some help with this?

Firstly click on the HTML page and it should open up in internet explorer, right click on the page and view source. Then CTRL + A and copy all the code

Then go into your page in muse, go to OBJECT - INSERT HTML

A window should open with a box, paste the code that you have copied from your HTML

Let me know if you have any problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 10, 2014 Oct 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ellen,

That`s in a shorter way the same than my answer, isn`t it?

The problem or issue is, that it is not really configurable unless there is not tiny mcd like in this forum for example.

Also there is a widget from "Muse-Themes.com", they use the HTML Table generator - TablesGenerator.com Site

to create the table and it gives more style options. But one has to buy the whole bundle of widgets to get the one necessary table widget.

So without all these it is quite uncomfortable and would be much better to have a table generator in MUSE itself.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2013 Nov 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I chose to create a table in Dreamweaver, using Twitter Bootstrap. This made it easier style. To make it work you need to reference the bootstrap css. This requires exporting the HTML, then pasting it back into Muse with the boostrap css. It worked great. Granted this requires knowing some CSS but Bootstrap makes it easy. And I was able to easily add table rows and columns in Dreamweaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines