• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot install purchased Photoshop CS6, Error 16

Explorer ,
May 07, 2012 May 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked permissions on the two Library folders indicated in a previous Adobe help post,, permissions appear as indicated by Adobe.

Uninstalled CS6, tried again, same result

Downloaded version, not disk

I had some issues with CS6 beta, but not inititially, so I removed it, waiting for the official version

ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 07, 2012 May 07, 2012

You have error DW063 and DF037.  For the DW063 error you will want to remove any previous versions of Creative Suite you have installed.  For the DF037 you will want to utilize the steps listed in Error "Exit 6" or "Exit 7" | Install log | Read, write, system file errors | CS5, CS5.5 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-exit-6-exit-7.html to update the appropriate permissions.  It appears the installer has problems writing to your Applications folder so you may even want to try creat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We would like to know your OS and the exact error message?

Would appreciate if you could provide the crash log:- Adobe INSTALL Logs ,

NOTE:- DONT PUT THE LOG HERE, USE "Pastebin.com" website AND PASTE THE LINK HERE>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS X, 10.7.3

It installs successfully according to installer

Error box when I try to launch PS CS6:

Configuration Error

Please uninstall and reinstall the product.

If this problem still occurs, please contact Adobe technical support for help, and mention the error code shown at the bottom of this screen.

Error: 16

http://www.adobe.com/support/

(I know nothing about pastebin but I can read or search the log file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pixated please utilize the Adobe Support Advisor - http://www.adobe.com/support/loganalyzer/ to review your installation logs.  Also can you provide details regarding the issues you had with the beta and how exactly you removed the beta from your computer.  Also if you can let us know which operating system you are using it would be beneficial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS is in my last post

CS6 beta would not launch smart object from Lightroom 4, Nikon D800 RAW file

I assume I used uninstaller, beta is gone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What did the Adobe Support Advisor reveal when you ran it?  Sorry for missing the OS info busy day with the CS6 launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Support Advisor says

Inspection could not identify any issues. Please contact Adobe Support for further assistance. http://www.adobe.com/support

is that because I once more uninstalled CS6?

The log files are still there

Again, installer was successful, it is only when I try to launch CS6 that I get the error 16

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you mind using the Package for support option and responding with your token number.  This will allow me to view your complete install log.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here it is, thanks

00-03631-164807052012

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have error DW063 and DF037.  For the DW063 error you will want to remove any previous versions of Creative Suite you have installed.  For the DF037 you will want to utilize the steps listed in Error "Exit 6" or "Exit 7" | Install log | Read, write, system file errors | CS5, CS5.5 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-exit-6-exit-7.html to update the appropriate permissions.  It appears the installer has problems writing to your Applications folder so you may even want to try creating a new user account and trying the install there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yikes, sounds like a mess, -so for instance you are suggesting I have to uninstall Photoshop CS5?

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2012 May 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes both issues are actually permission related.  When you install you are unable to write to locations where your other Creative applications have previously installed too.  By removing the software it should restore write permissions.  Honestly I would remove your previous Adobe apps and then log into a newly created local Administrator account and try the install there.  If that still doesn't work then proceed with the document for Exit 6 and 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2016 Apr 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

windows 10

logs not found, it is a copy from my other computer that i transferred with a flash drive, it ran windows 7 and its hard drive was obliterated when the heads crashed in to the plates, also i lost my original adobe account some time ago,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

error 16 by the way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i dont have any other suites

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2013 Nov 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try launch with admin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2015 Mar 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines