• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Newest update doesn't finish

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2013 Nov 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Troubleshooting section of this website notes that I have the most recent version of Flash Player installed, yet I have webpages (http://games.yahoo.com/game/gaps-solitaire-flash.html for instance) that tell me I need to install the newest version of Flash Player to re-access this page (which I have visited almost daily for...geez...3 years?).

I do not wish to install or utilize Google Chrome.

I've tried at least 6 times to install the most recent update. I click the Finish button and the page for step 3 opens, and nothing happens.  I get the box that tells me I might like this other product (nothing shows up).  I left the window open for over 30 minutes, thinking, perhaps, my oftimes crappy wireless connection might be the problem.  That's not it.

What am I doing wrong?

I would like to reiterate, to me, Google Chrome is the new AOHell.  I do not want any part of this insidious program.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2013 Nov 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the following files by right clicking and selecting "Save target as"

Flash Player Uninstaller

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

Save ALL files to your Downloads folder - DO NOT RUN anything yet.

Reboot your system.

BEFORE opening anything else, go to your Downloads folder and run the UNINSTALLER to remove all instances of Flash Player.

Next, run the ActiveX Installer.

Lastly, run the Installer for other browsers.

Once everything is installed, see:Enabling Flash Player in Internet Explorer  and: ActiveX Filtering in Internet Explorer  to make 100% sure that Flash Player is enabled and NOT being blocked by ActiveX controls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2013 Nov 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Followed your instruction to the letter.  Even when I verified on the "Enabling Flash Player in Internet Explorer" link that I have the correct version of Flash for my browser (which I already did) I tried to play a video (and then subsequently went back to the Yahoo game to check) and was told that I needed to download the newest vesion of Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2013 Nov 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What version of IE and/or Firefox do you run?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines