Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

save color channels as separate files

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2013 Mar 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

is there a possibility to save every color-channel on my document as separate files (cmyk and rgb) ?

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could do it manually...  Select all, then choose a channel in the Channels panel, then copy.  File - New, grayscale, paste, and flatten.  File - Save As, and there you go.  Repeat for each channel.

If it's something you need to do a lot you could automate it with an action.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, thats exactely what i tried yesterday, but i want to save them in color not grey.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You want them to be the color of the channel, then?

Okay, so choose File - New, RGB, and make it black.  It might help to have your background color black ahead of time, that way you can choose the Background preset to get the black image created all at once,.

Then before you paste, choose the channel you want to paste into, then paste.  When done, only one channel will have other than black in it.  When you click on the RGB "channel" (to see how your image will look in color - voila, your color.

Think of a channel as just a grayscale image.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Channels > Split Channels.  You will get a grayscale file of each channel ( do the "split" on a copy so you will have the original to go back to in the future ).  You could "Place" the .tiff in Illustrator and paint it a process color there.  Then, export that individual file as a .tiff or whatever.  This works on a CMYK file, but should work for an RGB file, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to give this article a look:

http://www.creativepro.com/article/photoshop-how-to-printing-separations-in-color

Basically after using split channels, you will then convert each grayscale channel to duotone/monotone mode assigning a color to each channel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2013 Mar 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks,

finally with copy&paste and filter channels, i got it.

janice_additives_farbsystem_klein.jpg

Bildschirmfoto 2013-03-26 um 09.23.29.png

i needed it for a color-course to show the two color systems.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2013 Nov 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i couldn't save them i dont know what's happening any help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very interesting I have the same problem .I loose my hope now ;/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may want to add something like this in too

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines