• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exclude unreferenced topics and Baggage not working

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2013 Nov 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a problem with the Exclude unreferenced topics and Baggage features not working.  Meaning when I do a search all topics display even though they are not in the TOC.

I even did a simple test.

1. I created a new TOC with only one topic. 
  2. Created a new BLANK topic.
  3. Created a new WebHelp SSL
  4. Used the new TOC and selected both Exclude options.
  5. Generated the SSL and created a test search using a common word in the other topics.

Results: Many topics list.

So I thought maybe there is something funky with my project.

I opened a RH Sample and had the same result.

Help!  I need to get this done today, what am I missing?

Using RH10

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2013 Nov 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe an unreferenced topic is one that is known about in RH but not referenced in any file (e.g. TOC, Index, topic links, etc.). In effect these should be the file displayed in the Unreferenced Topics report. Try running that from the Tools > Reports menu and let us know if they are actually unreferenced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2013 Nov 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colum is correct so it follows that the one thing that will find an unreferenced topic is a search. I have just tested what you report and Rh10 is incorrectly including unreferenced topics in the build.

Please follow this link.

http://www.Adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2013 Nov 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I fell into a trap that you may have. Did you check the topics were not included in the index? If they were, then they are referenced.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2013 Nov 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've moved on to another project, but I don't think there was an Index in the project at that time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp