• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

v12 version numbering scheme

Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2013 Nov 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"we are introducing a new numbering scheme for our product versions. Adopting the pattern set by Google with Chrome and

Mozilla with Firefox, we will simply update the major version number with each subsequent release."

If you "appreciate all feedback", I say a big NO to that change.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2013 Nov 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree! The new versioning scheme yanks away any notion or confidence of major releases in the future. Assuming I'm not the only one that feels this way, the result throws more fuel to the flash haters and further lowers Adobe's credibility with those who still see a bright future for the flash platform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2013 Nov 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For what it's worth, the versioning scheme was a technical decision.  After surveying large amounts of content on the web, we realized that there was a lot of Flash detection logic in the world that was going to break when we moved to 11.10.xxx.xxx. (12.0.0.x isn't completely without consequences, but it's better)

The roadmap that we publish is the best indicator of what new functionality is in the pipeline:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplatform/whitepapers/roadmap.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines