Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing aspect ratio of shared documents in Connect

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2013 Nov 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm trying to find a way to change the aspect ratio of PDFs when they are viewed as a shared document in Connect. It looks like they default to 4:3 ratio, and even when the pod is not shaped 4:3, it only displays part of the document (filling the rest of the pod with grey space). Ideally, I'd like to be able to have the entire pod be visible space, and then adjust the zoom on the PDF as needed.

Thanks for your help!

Jonathan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2013 Nov 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There are 2 options available in the share pod's bottom bar - Fit Width and Fit Page. I guess Fit Width option is what you are looking for.

Please do let us know if this does help you OR let us know if you were looking for something else.

Thanks

Sameer Puri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2013 Nov 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sameer,

Thanks for your note, but the issue a bit different. Clicking the "fit page" and "fit width" allows you to change the zoom on the document, but the viewing area within the pod remains at a fixed ratio. So the document (unless the pod size is set at the same ratio) never fills the entire pod. Is this clear? I've added some screen shots to show what I mean more clearly.

Deadspace1.pngDeadspace2.png

As you can see, no matter what the zoom level is on the PDF (or if it's to fit width as the above screen shot), it's constrained proportionally (as I mentioned, I think it's at 4:3). Ideally, I'd like to get the PDF so it can fill the entire pod and zoom in and out. Is this possible with Connect?

Thanks! Appreciate your help.

Jonathan

Message was edited by: GABAAD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2013 Nov 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've bugged every Adobe rep I've run into over this for several years. It should be a huge embarrassment, given that it's THEIR products that aren't playing nice with each other. One work around is to use Adobe Acrobat Pro's "Save As" feature to convert the PDF pages to TIFF or JPEG images, and then import into PPT slides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2013 Nov 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Eric,

Thanks for the note. Glad to see that it least it's not me being dumb... Played with it for hours before posting. The TIFF/JPEG workaround is decent--fits the pod to the dimensions of the image/ppt--but you can't zoom on it unless I'm mistaken. The thing with my image is that it's very tall (4 A4 sheets stacked vertically), so when I make it in that way, I either have to split it into seperate sheets on individual slides or it becomes an incredibly thin and illegible bar...

Not sure that anything can be done regarding that though. Thanks for your input!

Best,

Jonathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2013 Nov 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I first started using Adobe Connect, Adobe offered a PDF viewer add-in one could buy ($10?) that did what we want. Don't know whether it would work with a modern OS, web browser, and up-to-date Adobe Connect. I never pursued this, since I kept thinking Adobe woudl fix this glaring inadequacy ASAP. Think I'll start digging through my archives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eric,

I think you are thinking of FlashPaper, which converted documents to SWF. Does that sound right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds right. It's just been a looooong time. I remember it having controls that let me present a PDF's content any way I liked, including zoom options. I found my old copy, tried to install it under Windows 7, and got this error message:

errormessage.png

Perhaps one could install it under an older OS, create the SWF, then share that file in AC, but that's too much work for my clients. I'd much rather Adobe just fixed PDF wide screen presentations in AC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jorma sent me a link to a version that installed in XP compatibility mode. Unfortunately, the created SWF won't display wide-screen in an AC pod, either. Makes me wonder if the AC team borrowed code from Flashpaper. Flash Paper workaround was a dead end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines