• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

solutions for problems with QuickTime files in After Effects CC (12.0)

Aug 07, 2013 Aug 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a new blog post up about solutions for problems with QuickTime files in After Effects CC (12.0) beca...

Please read that post and let us know here on this forum thread if you have any questions or comments. 

Also, please let us know if the proposed solution works for you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2013 Aug 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was intrigued watching you guys track this one down. I nearly got popcorn. Satisfying ending too.

Seriously though, thanks for all your hard work on bugs like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2013 Aug 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alas, getting rid of the mentioned quicktime component does not solve the problem for me. This has been extremely bad news for me, as I have a couple animation deadlines coming very soon.

Hope this gets fixed really soon.

This is a major problem.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be sure to go through the other QuickTime troubleshooting steps linked to from that article.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Todd,

Thank you for the quick reply.

The problem never occured before moving to CC.

About the solutions in http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2011/02/troubleshooting-quicktime-errors-with-after-effects.html

• Quicktime is installed. All software on my machine is current. (Mac, btw)

• Conflict with DVCPRO. The component is removed from the Library

• Blockage of TCP. This, I have no clue how to troubleshoot this one.

• Failure of QT component. No 3rd party components installed. Only the Pro codecs from Apple

• AJA / Blackmagic. No 3rd party components installed

• Permission problem. All permissions have been reset

• Corrupt prefs. All Adobe prefs have been deleted and rebuild.

• Audio conflict. No special audio drivers installed.

• Failure because of inability to work with large nr. of processes. NA

This, potentially, leaves the TCP problem.

The problem is really QT related. Rendering a sequence works fine. It also occurs on variable moments. Sometimes before even the first frame. Sometimes about halfway. Sometimes, on a rare few occasions, the render succeeds.

Thanks for looking into this, and for your help

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark - The new document that we published is meant to address a specific issue. You can confirm you have the issue by the following:

1. Adobe QT32 Server is not running when you receive these errors. Keep Activity Monitor open to track whether or not it is running.
  2. The crash log for QT32 Server indicate CoreAudio as the last component called. You can find the crash logs in Users/username/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports. The report will look like this:

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

0   ???                                     0x04981f90 0 + 77078416

1   com.apple.audio.CoreAudio               0x949d05c1 __Call_block_invoke_03 + 56

2   libdispatch.dylib                       0x94a90f8f _dispatch_call_block_and_release + 15

If this is not the issue you're having, please start a new thread and provide the usual data. If your problem does match this issue, please double-check that you've followed the steps in the new document and post back here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Tim,

the Crash report says nothing about CoreAudio. Can I maybe send you the crash report?

Thanks,

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HandMadeMonster wrote:

Thank you, Tim,

the Crash report says nothing about CoreAudio. Can I maybe send you the crash report?

Thanks,

Mark

Feel free to post it so anyone can look at it. Again, please start a new thread to troubleshoot your specific issue. If the forum community and the troubleshooting documents are not leading you to a solution, or you need urgent one-on-one assistance, you can contact Adobe technical support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2013 Oct 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installing the Apple ProApps QuickTime Codecs 1.0.2 update (http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1396) fixed the problem for me.

Update: Not sure if it is related, but Adobe Media Encoder seems to be running much slower after running the update. My CPU used to almost max out and now it is only using about 35%. Also Adobe QT32 Server seems to be doing the heavy lifting. I think Adobe Media Encoder CC used to be the one using the majority of the processing power. I have a Cuda card and I assume Adobe QT32 Server is only 32 bit, hence the slowdown.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2013 Oct 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't fix it for me, I'm sorry to say.

Still need to render out a sequence, and get that sequence in a Quicktime movie via a render module on another machine. With heavy projects, an extremely frustrating process.

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2013 Nov 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i am running After Effects CC 12.1, on windows 8.1.

Up until few days ago no problem occured, until last night when i got this beautifull sucker. Nothing was installed or updated that could interfere with Quick Time

“file ‘[file name].mov’ cannot be imported – this ‘MooV’ file is damaged or unsupported."

And here we go with the list. Disabled my firewal, cleaned the preferences, checked the sound drivers. Still nothing.

The same problem i am getting while importing the file in Premiere CC and Media Encoder CC

Has anybody experienced that on Windows? Because i see many of you guys have these problems on Macs.

Thank you in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An update. After actually going to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC\Support Files\32 and starting the Adobe Q32 Server.exe by hand things started to work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing that shocks me most is that this thing is not top on the priority list at Adobe. Because of this Quicktime incompatibility thing, I have to render out sequences and soundfiles for everything, and put them together in QT7. Very annoying deroute I have been forced to take a couple of months now.

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> The thing that shocks me most is that this thing is not top on the priority list at Adobe.

Why do you say that?

We released an update three weeks ago that addressed this issue:

http://adobe.ly/AE_CC_12dot1_details

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry, but the issues between QT and AE have not changed for me. I still get the errors whenever I try to get a QT rendered.

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> the issues between QT and AE have not changed for me

Then it's a different issue than the one being discussed on this thread. Please submit a detailed bug report here:

http://adobe.ly/ReportBug

If you want to troubleshoot here on this forum, then please start a new thread and give as much detail as possible, including answering all of the questions here:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/961743

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will do. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2014 Dec 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I removed the DVCPRO Quicktime file and updated the Quicktime codecs but I get the 'unsupported Moov' error message too. Just upgraded to Yosemite and CC 2014. Coming from OSX 10.7 and CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2014 Jul 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks to be an older issue. Just wondering if everything has been fixed. Because I am still getting problems. However let me explain. I am not using any form of the QuickTime player or anything like that. In fact i view my .MOV stuff with VLC player. BUT I have some effects that are .MOV and I am getting that message of "unsupported file"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2014 Oct 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done the steps listed in the blog post, removing the codec and emptying the trash as listed, but it didn't fix the problem. I prefer CS6 because since I installed CC, I've had a lot of bugs and crashes that never happened during my workflow in the past. Thanks for your advice anyway, though, but I hope this issue is resolved in either a QT or future AE update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2015 Feb 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im a VJ working with Resolume and DXV codec of course which i use to render visuals from after effects. upgraded to cc and was all excited and happy to use the new faster version with all the trapcode suites installed and all and i get this crap errors unable to render mov. files. my version of cc is 13.1 and it's still not fixed. so i found a very good solution for this. move back to cs6 untill they figure out this problem. very disappointed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ualus wrote:

my version of cc is 13.1 and it's still not fixed.

Is there a reason you didn't update to 13.2?

How does version 12 handle behave?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

version 12 couldn't handle it at all so i thought the upgrade would help but it didn't so i lost all hope and said screw it i don't need this, there should not be so much trouble with a simple codec/file format, and moved back to cs6. i don't know i'll try to update it to 13.2, thanks for mentioning it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines