Skip navigation
GABAAD
Currently Being Moderated

Changing aspect ratio of shared documents in Connect

Nov 17, 2013 11:00 PM

Tags: #pdf #document #share #aspect_ratio #adobe_connect

Hello,

I'm trying to find a way to change the aspect ratio of PDFs when they are viewed as a shared document in Connect. It looks like they default to 4:3 ratio, and even when the pod is not shaped 4:3, it only displays part of the document (filling the rest of the pod with grey space). Ideally, I'd like to be able to have the entire pod be visible space, and then adjust the zoom on the PDF as needed.

Thanks for your help!

Jonathan

Replies
  • Sameer Puri
    137 posts
    May 21, 2013
    Nov 18, 2013 5:44 AM   in reply to GABAAD

Hi,

There are 2 options available in the share pod's bottom bar - Fit Width and Fit Page. I guess Fit Width option is what you are looking for.

Please do let us know if this does help you OR let us know if you were looking for something else.

Thanks

Sameer Puri

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 21, 2013 2:45 PM   in reply to GABAAD

I've bugged every Adobe rep I've run into over this for several years. It should be a huge embarrassment, given that it's THEIR products that aren't playing nice with each other. One work around is to use Adobe Acrobat Pro's "Save As" feature to convert the PDF pages to TIFF or JPEG images, and then import into PPT slides.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 25, 2013 6:53 AM   in reply to GABAAD

When I first started using Adobe Connect, Adobe offered a PDF viewer add-in one could buy ($10?) that did what we want. Don't know whether it would work with a modern OS, web browser, and up-to-date Adobe Connect. I never pursued this, since I kept thinking Adobe woudl fix this glaring inadequacy ASAP. Think I'll start digging through my archives.

|
    Mark as:
  • Jorma Jennings
    1,859 posts
    Jul 5, 2007
    Nov 25, 2013 8:12 AM   in reply to Eric Engelmann

Eric,

I think you are thinking of FlashPaper, which converted documents to SWF. Does that sound right?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 25, 2013 9:09 AM   in reply to Jorma Jennings

That sounds right. It's just been a looooong time. I remember it having controls that let me present a PDF's content any way I liked, including zoom options. I found my old copy, tried to install it under Windows 7, and got this error message:

errormessage.png

Perhaps one could install it under an older OS, create the SWF, then share that file in AC, but that's too much work for my clients. I'd much rather Adobe just fixed PDF wide screen presentations in AC.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 25, 2013 9:37 AM   in reply to Eric Engelmann

Jorma sent me a link to a version that installed in XP compatibility mode. Unfortunately, the created SWF won't display wide-screen in an AC pod, either. Makes me wonder if the AC team borrowed code from Flashpaper. Flash Paper workaround was a dead end.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points