• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DVR for Android and iOS

Nov 24, 2013 Nov 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am currently using FMS4.5 (and later may consider AMS) providing live streaming to Android and iOS devices. Recently i need to enable the DVR feature. After some test, i can see the DVR sliding window bar on iOS device with M3U8 playlist.

On Android devices, it works fine with flash player and F4M playlist. However, all new Android devices without flash player were unable to see the DVR sliding window bar.

Can anyone kindly provide a successful solution for me? Many Thanks!!

------------------

Regards, LC

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 24, 2013 Nov 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the sliding window on newer Androids, you need use HLS with <video> HTML5 Video Tag

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 25, 2013 Nov 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With this simple HTML5 Video Tag code, Android browser can view the video with a fixed sliding window bar.

I mean, i can't move/slide the bar to view as what i did DVR playback on iOS with m3u8.

<video src="http://x.x.x.x/demo.m3u8?DVR" controls="autoplay" width="100%">

</video>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 25, 2013 Nov 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can Adobe provide an official solution?

Or otherwise, i shall start testing other streaming server product such as Woxxx... so that our Android user can view live DVR.

Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines