• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why are my files not available when checked out?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2013 Nov 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a relatively new Win 7 box, running TCS 4. So in Frame 11, I have checked out a book (using CMS/SharePoint) and everything checks out ok. But when I go to edit the files, they all have question marks and if I try to open them, the message is "cover.fm does not exist." for example.

Also, a long file directory is showing instead of just the file name.

Other users with similar setups are not having this problem.

I can work with other books just fine, but not this one (which is the MAIN one I use FM for!).

Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 26, 2013 Nov 26, 2013

I have resolved this myself. Seems something happened to the book - it lost connection with the individual files. So I opened the book, deleted the unknown files, and readded them. Problem solved!

Still have the super long file directory name showing for the book but I can live with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2013 Nov 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have resolved this myself. Seems something happened to the book - it lost connection with the individual files. So I opened the book, deleted the unknown files, and readded them. Problem solved!

Still have the super long file directory name showing for the book but I can live with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to toggle that with the book open in tab format – there’s a little toggle icon on the book tab that goes back and forth from name to file name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, instead of the file name it shows the heading. So now I have the file name for what I just re-added, but the book name is still the long one. I prefer the file name to the heading. But thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FM uses the relative path from the book location for the filename displays in the book. If the book and files are all in the same location, then the FM will just display the filename. I'm not certain how it's handling things if you're checking things out of a repository, but it should have everything in the same folder, so relative naming should be expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, I was thinking it affected the book title/path/filename too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines