Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Link widget content to update across a site

Nov 21, 2013 9:00 AM

Tags: #widgets

One feature which would be useful is the ability to create a widget with content, then be able to copy that widget onto other pages - the key to this would be the ability to synchronise content between linked widgets. An example would be a widget used on a homepage where it's content could be linked to widgets placed on other pages. When one 'master' widget is updated, so are the rest.

This could even be advanced so that rather than having to use the same widget format on subsequent pages, muse will use the 'master' widget's feed for to update widgets?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 2, 2013 1:53 PM   in reply to mattexdj1983

Hi Matt, can you tell me more about a project where you ran into a need for this kind of feature? Thanks!

-Sam

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 3, 2013 8:07 PM   in reply to mattexdj1983

Hi Matt, your feedback is helpful, thanks! Would you mind clarifying something for me? If you reused a widget on the mobile version of your desktop website, I'm not sure which level of the widget you want to reuse. I've listed some different interpretations of your request below; could you tell me which one would have been most useful for your past projects?

1. Re-use the entire widget, including formatting and content. For example, the configuration of a slideshow's widget settings, its border and background colors, and the images used would all be the same across your desktop/mobile pages.

2. Re-use only the content of a widget. For example, you might have a full-screen lightbox slideshow on your mobile page, but a basic thumbnail slideshow on your desktop page. They would have different settings and border/background colors, but the collection of images are always the same.

3. Re-use individual text and images inside a widget. For example, you have an accordian on your desktop page and a tab panel widget on your mobile page. They each have different designs, but some of the text frames and images are "shared".

Also, what do you mean by content list?

Much appreciated

-Sam

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 5, 2013 11:57 AM   in reply to mattexdj1983

Awesome, thanks Matt! If you come across any more projects where you need this kind of feature, please let me know via email or private message on this forum.

Regards,

-Sam

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points