Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Must 7.1 Update really slow

Nov 27, 2013 8:53 AM

Tags: #update #slow #muse #7.1 #performece

Hello,

I have been using Muse CC since day 1 with no problems at all.  It has worked great from the start.  I updated to 7.0 when it came out and also had no problems.  However, when I updated to 7.1 Muse is now brutally slow and freezing on me every few minutes when I make a change.  I have an i7 processer with over 4ghz, 24 gigs of RAM and a FirePro V8800 video card, so its not my system.  Photoshop, Premier Pro and all other CC apps work great.  Its only since updating to 7.1.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Is there a fix?

Can I roll back to 7.0 and if so, how?

Thanks!

Andy

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 27, 2013 9:06 AM   in reply to MVPStudios

Andy,

Where is your .muse file stored? Is it  on a local drive, network drive, or removable media?

What OS are you using?

Does Muse slow down each time you save, or just randomly as you work with your file?

Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 27, 2013 9:17 AM   in reply to MVPStudios

Also, can you send us your MuseLog.txt file from your documents folder? Please send it to muse-support along with a link to this thread (for context). Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 27, 2013 9:25 AM   in reply to MVPStudios

Please email that file as an attachment to muse-support@adobe.com

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 27, 2013 9:27 AM   in reply to adobelance

Also, if you create a new muse site and edit it in Muse, is everything you do slow, or just when working with one particular .muse file?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 3, 2013 2:43 PM   in reply to MVPStudios

Have you found the problem with the newest version?? I have the same problem. When I make anything my computer it collapses. I thought that was just me.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 3, 2013 9:28 PM   in reply to LdL

LdL, is the performance specific to one site? If you quit and relaunch Muse and create a new empty site and work with that briefly, is the performance normal or slow?

How large is your .muse file (in megabytes)?

Are you on Mac or Windows?

Where is the file stored (file server, local hard drive, in Dropbox folder, in Creative Cloud Files folder, etc.)?

Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 4, 2013 9:13 AM   in reply to Zak Williamson (Adobe)

When I starts the program don't runs like with the other version, is more slowly, and when I open the file muse, it collapses. The file is 100 or 120 mb. With the other version, it works with a biggest file, 500 mb. I have two accounts in different PC, one in mac (Snow leopard 10.6.8) and the other in windows (windows 7) both don't works good. I save the file in the hard drive. 

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 4, 2013 11:27 PM   in reply to MVPStudios

If you haven't already both sent your .muse files to muse-support@adobe.com along with a link to this thread, I believe we will need you to do so in order to understand what you're encountering. Given the size of the .muse files in question, you'll want to send them using a service such as Dropbox, WeTransfer, Adobe SendNow, etc. Thanks.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points